Thursday, October 11
All are welcome!
The Historic Preservation Committee invites you to take part in a discussion and open presentation regarding Additions to Historic Buildings.
If you would like to share some images with the group, please bring them on a flash drive.
Some topics to consider for presentation:
- interpreting historic character defining features into quality contemporary architecture
- regulations regarding additions to historic buildings
- projects you have worked on and how comparing them to other similar projects
- historic buildings that have had more than one additions in a variety of styles, and a range of aesthetic “success”
- examples of outside of the USA
- categories such as “facadism” and seamless facades
- design approaches that would not be allowed in the USA due to the approach of the National Park Service
- compare differing approaches, perhaps one US and one foreign, to a similar problem
You need not make a presentation to participate in the discussion! Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org for room set-up.
Questions? Please email Betsy Yost, AIA, chair, or email@example.com..