Small Firm Forum: Are you ready for July 1, 2014?
Thursday, June 5, 2014
Open to all
Free for AIA Members $3 Non Members; bring your lunch, drinks provided
Please RSVP to email@example.com for proper room set-up.
1.5 CES/HSW LU’s
Title 24 part 6, California’s energy standard, will be changing for all projects submitted for permit starting July 1, 2014.
Gina Rodda of Gabel Associates, LLC, will be presenting a brief overview of the change in regards to low-rise residential buildings (new construction, additions and alterations) including:
- Water Heating
- Solar Ready
- Title 24 forms and HERS registration
Ms. Rodda’s presentation is just one of the free trainings, tools and resources provided by the California Statewide Codes & Standards Program and designed to improve compliance with the state’s energy code. The program aims to advance the adoption and effective implementation of energy efficiency measures and building practices to lock in long-term energy savings. The program is funded by California utility customers under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission and implemented by Pacific Gas and Electric Company, San Diego Gas and Electric, Southern California Edison and Southern California Gas in support of the California Energy Commission.
- Be able to identify the key changes to the Title 24 part 6 energy standards.
- Be aware of resources available in support of the Title 24 part 6 energy standards from the CEC and CA Statewide Codes & Standards.
- Be able to identify the forms required for Title 24 part 6 and when they are required by the building department.
- Know where to go for further education and learning regarding the 2013 changes to Title 24 part 6.