The New East Span of the Bay Bridge: Challenges Faced and Successes Achieved
Monday, June 2, 2014
4:00PM – 6:00PM
East Bay Municipal Utility District, 375 11th Street, Oakland, Board Room 2nd Floor
Open to all!
Contact Timothy McGowan at email@example.com with any questions
The East Bay Municipal Utility District and the Asian Pacific Employee Association are pleased to host Dr. Brian Maroney and other representatives of the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge New East Span project team to update the technical engineering community on the challenges faced and the successes achieved during 2013-2014 along with new highlights of the on-going demolition work of the old East Span.
The following technical topics and various tools will be discussed and shared during the presentation:
• Latest update on the E2 anchor rods and the retrofit design
• Demonstration of non-destructive tests (Magnetic Particle Test, Ultrasonic Test, Radiographic Test) performed on the welds of the permanent steel structure
• Samples of bridge materials such as fastening assemblies for the tower, cable bands and orthotropic box girder spliced segments, weld plates
• Tools used for inspection during construction such as large calipers used to measure compacted cable and boroscope to inspect the grouting of the tendons
• Videos of mechanical tests performed on various bridge materials
• Latest information on the demolition of the existing bridge