Finding Common Ground – Mastering the Art of Personal Networking
An AIA East Bay Monthly Program
Wednesday, January 28, 2015
5:30pm, wine and cheese reception to follow
Location: AIA East Bay, 1405 Clay Street, Oakland, CA 94612
$16 for AIA members and employees of AIA East Bay Chapter Member Firms
$21 for non-members
1.5 CES LUs
Networking is much more than collecting business cards and talking about projects. Networking is about finding common ground, following up and investing time to build mutually beneficial professional relationships.
But why network?
- The Wall Street Journal recently estimated that “80 per cent of available jobs aren’t publicly advertised.”
- “Offline” face-to-face networking is still a more effective way to make those key connections and potentially advance your career.
- Employers are commonly more inclined to hire people they know.
- It’s fun!
Our panel of professionals will include an industry representative from LinkedIn, a ‘super connector’ and other networking experts. They will discuss the value of personal, face-to-face networking in the Information Age and explain what you can do to make the most of your networking opportunities and stand out from the crowd!
….also you can apply what you’ve learned during the wine and cheese networking reception following the presentation!
David Mitroff, Ph.D, Piedmont Avenue Consulting, Inc. David Mitroff, Ph.D. is a business consultant, marketing expert and keynote speaker who founded Piedmont Avenue Consulting, Inc., where he advises on leveraging new technology to create brand awareness, strengthen loyalty and streamline processes with proven results. He is a sought after speaker and media expert (NBC, ABC, KTVU) on a wide range of topics from social media to the psychology of relationships. Through his consulting, lectures, trainings, and keynotes, he has educated more than 25,000 business owners.
Danielle Pallavicini, LinkedIn. Danielle has been working at LinkedIn for close to two years specifically in the Talent Solutions line of the organization. Danielle partners with companies in the search and staffing space to help develop and drive an effective recruiting strategy at scale by leveraging LinkedIn. Prior to her time at LinkedIn she worked at Aerotek, a staffing company, supporting both companies and candidates in the Architecture and Engineering space.
Rick Silva, B2B Gathering. Rick Silva is the Founder and President of B2B Gathering, a business networking and coaching company. He is recognized as one of the nation’s foremost experts on business networking and referral generation. He’s given hundreds of presentations to thousands of business professionals —including speeches at Stanford University, and sharing the stage with Les Brown at the Millionaire Marketing Seminar.
At the end of this presentation, attendees will:
1. Be able to state at least three communication techniques that will help improve interactions at networking events.
2. Learn how to make the most of networking opportunities by being prepared, organized and ‘actively’ listening to others.
3. Be able to state at least two ways to ensure a successful ‘follow up’.
4. Learn how to leverage online technology to expand your network and broaden your opportunities.