Lean Leadership for 2015 and Beyond
Wednesday, January 14
Location: The Clubhouse at Rancho Solano, 3250 Rancho Solano Parkway, Fairfield, CA 94534
Click Here to Register
Every Lean success starts with a Lean champion. Technology and Lean tools are very useful, but People Build Buildings! How can you as Lean Leaders get it done in the dynamically challenging world of construction?
It’s time to apply PDCA to our Lean efforts in the industry – the “check – act” part. Lean consultant and author Dennis Sowards will share some unique insights and ideas to stimulate and challenge your thinking and start you off to improvement actions on your Lean journey in 2015.
Dennis Sowards is a dynamic speaker and Lean/quality management consultant based in Phoenix. Dennis and his wife Joan recently returned from a service mission in Thailand for the LDS church. Having been away from the construction industry for much of the last two years, he brings a fresh perspective to Lean applied in our industry.
About the Presenter
Dennis Sowards is a Lean Consultant and author of The Lean Construction Pocket Guide. His background and qualifications include:
- Lean Consultant since 2003, coaching companies in implementing Lean in many states and Canada.
- Mentored under Masaaki Imai, world renowned Lean Guru
- One of the leaders who started the Arizona LCI COP.
- Contributing author for the eBook: Advanced Integrated Practice (AIP): Create a Culture of Deep Collaboration
- Clients include: Bulley & Andrews, Classic Roofing, Climate Engineers, General Atomics, KITCHELL, Muth Electric, PetsMart, PSF Mechanical, Rudolph and Sletten, Shea Homes, Superior Air Handling Corporation, University Mechanical, USA Today, Van Mulder Sheet Metal
- Founding executive director of the Arizona Quality Alliance, which administers the Arizona State Quality Awards program
- Published over 50 articles in several national publications including Contractor Magazine, Quality Digest and SNIPS
- Lead author of the SMACNA book – Creating the High-Performing Contracting Company
- Performed major research projects for the New Horizons Foundation including Thinking Lean: Tools for decreasing costs and Increasing Profit and Measuring Customer Loyalty
- Presented at national conventions for MCAA, SMACNA, PHCC, ASQ and the Hospital Association for Thailand.
- Holds a BSE and MBA from Arizona State University
All who attend will receive a copy of The Lean Construction Pocket Guide by the presenter.