Digital Tools for Architecture
Wednesday, March 18, 2015
Free and open to all.
Please Click Here to RSVP
1 CES LU
The AEC industry is riding a wave of change and new technology that is reducing time to produce projects while increasing opportunities for new services. In this seminar we will review tools and apps that small to mid-size firms use to become more efficient and competitive. Some of these apps relate directly to architecture, such as BIM and visualization, while others are general business process apps used for project collaboration or document management.
But most important this seminar will focus on apps that are easy to use, support the design process and are effective for architecture.
Attendees will learn:
– What apps are easy to use and why small to mid-size firms prefer these apps
– Which apps are best for residential architecture versus commercial projects
– How apps can produce projects faster with less errors and omissions
– The rise of mobile and how apps are managing documents and BIM virtually
About the Presenter
Thomas Simmons, Allied Member, ARCHVISTA, Inc. Thomas has implemented BIM solutions at architecture, engineering and construction firms throughout the west coast ranging from small residential firms to large multinational companies. He is recognized for his expertise in Building Information Modeling (BIM), for the development of education programs that help professionals get started with BIM and is a published author on Virtual Building.
1. Participants will discover what tools are easy to use and why small to mid-size firms prefer these apps to improve their workflow.
2. Participants will uncover apps that are best for residential architecture versus commercial projects.
3. Participants will identify technologies that can produce projects faster with less errors and omissions.
4. Participants will explore the rise of mobile and how apps are managing documents and BIM virtually.