Fast and Easy Steps to Using BIM
Wednesday, March 18, 2015
Free and open to all.
Please Click Here to RSVP
Learn why firms are choosing ArchiCAD over other BIM solutions, how easy it is to use our BIM tool and why users are passionate about ArchiCAD. Join us for a 3 hour workshop featuring ArchiCAD 18, the latest version of the industry-leading BIM software solution for architects and designers. ArchiCAD 18 delivers innovations making the BIM workflow smoother, including CineRender, a brand new render engine with high-end photorealistic rendering capabilities found only in the professional visualization application CINEMA 4D, now available right inside the BIM tool.
This workshop introduces basic Building Information Modeling (BIM) and BIM collaboration concepts. At the conclusion of the course attendees will understand the basics of modeling and the concepts needed for successful adoption of a streamlined workflow.
Attendees will learn:
– Basic 3D modeling techniques
– The basics of adopting a streamlined workflow
– Different modes of collaboration across the AEC disciplines and to create document deliverables
– How to utilize the BIM Server which allows instant group collaboration within a single project
About the Presenter
Thomas Simmons, Allied Member, ARCHVISTA, Inc. Thomas has implemented BIM solutions at architecture, engineering and construction firms throughout the west coast ranging from small residential firms to large multinational companies. He is recognized for his expertise in Building Information Modeling (BIM), for the development of education programs that help professionals get started with BIM and is a published author on Virtual Building.
1. Participants will explore basic 3D modeling techniques to interpret appropriate uses for their firm.
2. Participants will uncover how to adopt a streamlined workflow and the benefits it provides to managing projects.
3. Participants will examine the different modes of collaboration across the AEC disciplines and how to create document deliverables.
4. Participants will discover how to utilize the BIM Server which allows instant group collaboration within a single project.