Creating Custom GDL Objects with ArchiCAD
an ArchiCAD User Group
Wednesday, April 6, 2016
Free and open to all.
1.5 CES LUs
Guest speaker Patrick May with Walker Warner Architects will discuss Creating Custom GDL objects for ARCHICAD with little or no scripting required.
The presentation will cover:
- Saving a collection of model elements to a library part
- Creating a custom floor plan symbol
- Creating and combining multiple objects into a single, flexible and versatile object
- Developing objects with multiple options
- Basic custom library management practices
- Resources to download ready modeled custom objects
- Best practices for incorporating those objects into you custom library, and developing additional features for those library parts
The focal point of the presentation will be around lessons presented from noscriptgdl with some pointers on using model port for ARCHICAD. We will spend part of the User Group answering questions about ArchiCAD techniques and problem solving issues. Deepen your knowledge of ArchiCAD, Building Information Modeling, and Virtual Building technology. Join us for a lively Q & A and meet some of your fellow ArchiColleagues!
About the Presenter:
Patrick May is the Digital Design Coordinator for Walker Warner Architects and was previously the Senior Designer at Christian Gladu Design. Patrick has managed residential projects from design through construction documentation. He also managed BIM for implementation and template development. He is very passionate about BIM and the possibilities it creates, opportunities it provides and ideas it represents. He loves the challenge of continually learning to make the most of the software solutions he’s been using for almost a decade.