Bay Area Wood Solutions Fair
Presented by WoodWorks
Tuesday, May 17, 2016
8am-5pm, registration and check-in at 7am
Oakland Marriott City Center/ Oakland Convention Center, 1001 Broadway Oakland
Free and open to all, limited seating. Lunch is provided. Register here.
6 CES/HSW LUs
The Wood Products Council’s WoodWorks program will host a free Wood Solutions Fair in Oakland, California on May 17, 2016. The fair will include 16 seminars dedicated to the design, engineering and construction of non-residential and multi-family wood buildings. The Wood Solutions Fair is intended for architects, engineers, developers, code officials and anyone else interested in wood’s exciting design possibilities (in building types that include commercial, industrial, mid-rise/multi-family, schools, restaurants, and others). To learn about additional seminars and speakers and for more information about WoodWorks, free project support and other resources, click here.
About the Presentations:
- Building the Hines T3 Office: Seven Stories of Success
Presented by Gerald A. Epp, MEng, PEng, StructEng, PE, M.IABSE, FIStructE, StructureCraft
- Exposed Wood in Fire-Resistive Applications, David Barber, Arup
- Designing Wood Schools in California: A Perspective from the Division of the State Architect
Ron LaPlante, SE, California Division of the State Architect
- Designing for Wind Loads in High Seismic Regions
Presented by Ricky McLain, MS, PE, SE, WoodWorks
- Carbon Implications of Construction Material Selection
Dr. Jim Bowyer, Dovetail Partners, Inc., Bowyer & Associates, Inc.
- Walls, Balconies and Assembly Intersections: Advanced Enclosure Detailing Techniques
Presented by Colin Shane, MEng, Peng, RDH Building Science Inc.
The keynote speech during lunch will be:
- NUDGE: Dramatic and Lasting Change One Small Step at a Time
Michael F. Malinowski, President of AIA California Council, Applied Architecture Inc.