FormIt Pro: What’s In It For You?
Tuesday, August 15, 2017
Free and open to all. Lunch provided by Ideate.
Click here to register.
1.5 CES LUs
FormIt Pro is an intuitive surface modeler, which can be used to model conceptual designs and move the conceptual work (Masses) into Revit software for further development as a BIM project. Or, simply use FormIt Pro as an alternative to SketchUp for smoother model integration with Revit.
Use FormIt Pro to:
- Facilitate real-time collaboration between team members while working in the Cloud
- Perform Energy Analyses, when used in conjunction with Insight
- Enhance Revit models, using family categories
During this presentation, we will look at options for how to use the software and review the current status of its development.
About the Presenter:
Jim Cowan, ACI, AEC Senior Application Specialist – Jim’s extensive AEC design industry experience, Autodesk design solutions expertise, and status as an Autodesk Certified Instructor have made him a sought-after university curriculum developer, instructor, and presenter. Jim’s areas of expertise include eLearning, interoperability between solutions, and overcoming barriers to the adoption of Building Information Modeling (BIM). Educated in Architecture at Edinburgh College of Art/Heriot–Watt University and in Landscape Architecture at the University of Manitoba, Jim has special focus on sustainability issues: daylight analysis, sun studies, lighting analysis, modeling buildings, and conceptual energy modeling (models with shading devices).
After completing this program, attendees will…
- Learn at least three ways that FormIt Pro can be used in your practice.
- Facilitate real-time collaboration between team members while working in the cloud.
- Perform Energy Analyses, when used in conjunction with Insight.
- Learn at least three ways to enhance Revit models, using family categories.