AEC Application Specialist
Employers: Post a job on the East Bay’s most popular architectural job site.Thirty Day Posting: $30 Chapter Member Firms, $35 AIA Members, $60 for Non Members, $75 Agencies. To post a position to the job board, simply Click Here to post and pay online. AIA East Bay Members: We are happy to assist you with a manual posting and invoicing. Questions? Call 510/464-3600.
Application Specialist– AEC
Summary of Responsibilities and Skills
Summary of Responsibilities
Application Specialist-AEC will be part of a team training/support for Autodesk’s Architectural/Engineering/Construction Division (AEC) line of software. The Application Specialist will consistently demonstrate his/her ability to deal with clients at a business-to-business level, identifying and providing solutions that fulfill the business/technical needs customers.
- Teaching open enrollment and customized training (fundamentals to advanced level) through face to face and on-line training delivery methods
- Develop web-based (quick starts and just-in time) training.
- Providing telephone, online, virtual, and on-site technical support
- Maintain detailed notes of all client communications within our CRM database
- Provides technical product assistance to both inside and outside sales representatives in the development and closing of sales opportunities.
- Pre-sales: Qualifying Process
- Technical audits, Needs assessment, Training assessment, Pre-Sales Presentations
- Technical Alignment: Development Process
- To understand business drivers, customer pains, and develop solutions to address drivers & pains
- Post-sales: Retention & Referral Process
- Training, technical support, and consulting services
- Customer acquisition, satisfaction, and retention
- Pre-sales: Qualifying Process
- Maintain detailed notes of all communications within our CRM database
- Create social media interest in Ideate & Autodesk solutions
- Present in front of C-level executives and power users regarding Autodesk technologies at user groups, executive briefings, and pre-sale activities
- Learn new Autodesk and third-party design technology programs (example: Navisworks, Infrastructure Modeler, etc.)
The Application Specialist – AEC position candidate must be able to work comfortably in a virtual team environment (your direct report may be located in another office). The ideal candidate will already have or work towards developing skills in the following categories:
- BS in Architecture or Engineering, or related field
- 2 years practical experience or equivalent
- Experience in Autodesk software product line, with emphasis in:
- Autodesk BIM 360 cloud solutions including Field, Glue, Docs, and experience in construction solutions highly desirable.
- The aptitude and patience to provide software training and telephone support
- Strong troubleshooting/investigative/research skills required
- Possess strong technical writing and technical presentation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively over the phone, or via email, or virtually, with customers who have pressing deadlines and software issues.
- Be a self-starter. Work in a virtual team environment.
- Comfortable in multiple (pre-sales, training, or support) roles.
- Is a problem solver, set goals, with a “get it done” attitude and strong self-motivational attributes
- Possesses superior organizational/time management skills and a “make-it-happen” attitude
- Straightforward, honest, team player
- Smart, flexible, diligent and professional – willing to work hard but have fun doing it.
- Strong understanding of value of customer service. (35-50% of time spent doing customer technical support)
- Ability to learn and communicate concepts to customers. Ability to ask business, workflow, and technical questions and analyze customer answers.
- Maintains a sense of urgency and goal orientation
- Will travel up to 25%-30% of the time – averaged over year. Some periods may be higher travel requirements. Travel may be to 2 trips per month (3-4 days each).
Ideate, Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Location: San Francisco (Financial District), or San Jose (near Airport)
For more information, including application information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org