Office Manager & Marketing Assistant
Employers: Post a job on the East Bay’s most popular architectural job site.Thirty Day Posting: $30 Chapter Member Firms, $35 AIA Members, $60 for Non Members, $75 Agencies. To post a position to the job board, simply Click Here to post and pay online. AIA East Bay Members: We are happy to assist you with a manual posting and invoicing. Questions? Call 510/464-3600.
OFFICE MANAGER & MARKETING ASSISTANT
Ignition Architecture – San Francisco & Alameda, CA
Ignition Architecture is a woman-owned architecture firm, passionate about creating bold, imaginative
solutions that work hard and stand out. We specialize in the design of award-winning projects of all scales in San Francisco, including affordable and market-rate multi-unit housing projects, single-family homes and commercial projects. We are looking for an Office Manager to support our innovative studios on Park Street in Alameda and in San Francisco’s Dogpatch neighborhood.
Office Management –
• Maintain a clean & tidy office appearance.
• Purchase all office supplies, equipment & furniture.
• Maintain company insurance policies & business licenses.
• Organize Internal events such as birthdays, holidays & milestone celebrations.
• Manage the shared office calendar & Principal's daily calendar.
• Manage small repairs & arrange/oversee office improvements.
• Coordinate with IT consultant & provide basic daily IT assistance.
• Track software subscriptions & updates.
• Coordinate with Human Resources consultant on personnel matters.
• Assist with interviews & hiring.
• On-board & off-board employees.
• Maintain personnel & administrative files.
• Track & renew firm SBE/WBE certifications.
• Provide personal assistance to Principal.
• Maintain Principal’s architectural license & association memberships, including ensuring
continuing education credits are up to date.
Marketing/Design Assistant –
• Assist in preparation of responses to RFPs and RFQs.
• Assist in identifying and tracking marketing leads.
• Assist in the preparation of marketing collateral, email and other general communications,
design competition submissions, and publication requests.
• Maintain image library, mailing lists, and marketing materials distribution.
• Coordinate with photographers & web designer.
• Order employee business cards & branded collateral.
• Sample library management - order and manage product catalogs, samples and industry/
trade association publications as required, maintain digital product library.
• Arrange “Learning lunches” for design team.
• BA/BS degree preferred
• 3+ years of Office Management experience in an A & E firm preferred.
• Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) experience required.
• Some experience with Adobe Creative Suite required.
• Courteous, approachable & team oriented with a well-developed sense of humor desirable.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Impeccable attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
• Ability meet deadlines, prioritize, plan, use time efficiently & handle multiple projects.
• Ability to maintain the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality.
If you feel like you’d be a good fit for our team, please email your resume and cover letter to