Architect / Designer II
Employers: Post a job on the East Bay’s most popular architectural job site.Thirty Day Posting: $30 Chapter Member Firms, $35 AIA Members, $60 for Non Members, $75 Agencies. To post a position to the job board, simply Click Here to post and pay online. AIA East Bay Members: We are happy to assist you with a manual posting and invoicing. Questions? Call 510/464-3600.
Fischer Architecture is a small, design-oriented practice in West Berkeley currently seeking a candidate with 5-8 years work experience in an architecture firm to join us on a full or part time basis. We offer a relaxed workplace setting and culture, with the promise of providing challenging professional development opportunities. We work collaboratively on all projects, and our entire team takes on a variety of responsibilities during all project phases. Our projects are primarily located in the Bay Area, and span a range of types including custom residential, educational, hospitality, and commercial. We offer competitive compensation based on qualifications and experience, and benefits including paid time off, health insurance, and retirement savings.
- posses a degree in architecture
- have working knowledge of:
- At least one CAD program (Vectorworks a plus, not critical, but easy to learn)
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Microsoft Office
- SketchUp and or 3d modeling software
- Mac Platform (a plus, not critical, but easy to learn)
- be passionate about solving problems, resourceful, motivated, and willing to support a project from the conceptual stages through construction
- have well-rounded architectural project experience commensurate with AIA definition for the Architect/Designer II position, including architectural documentation, drawing management, code and technical research, project management, consultant coordination, and construction administration
- be able to think three-dimensionally and have strong graphic skills and sensibilities; posses capable and thoughtful verbal and writing skills
- have experience working in a team, ideally having supervised and/or mentored junior staff; be comfortable taking direction as well as working independently
- be a professional, able to work in an organized manner, and able to complete work in a timely way
- be honest and a good communicator, be comfortable asking for help and taking constructive criticism, as well as feel comfortable expressing his/her own opinions and ideas
- fit with and contribute to our office culture
- have a vehicle in order to travel independently to project sites
Please email your resume, examples of working drawings you’ve authored, references, and any other relevant items you think would help demonstrate your meeting of the qualifications in PDF form to:
Please no web or download links, phone calls, or drop-ins
We thank you for your interest in our firm, but may only be able to respond to applicants who we invite for an interview.