Employers: Post a job on the East Bay’s most popular architectural job site.Thirty Day Posting: $30 Chapter Member Firms, $35 AIA Members, $60 for Non Members, $75 Agencies. To post a position to the job board, simply Click Here to post and pay online. AIA East Bay Members: We are happy to assist you with a manual posting and invoicing. Questions? Call 510/464-3600.
Designing Justice + Designing Spaces is a small startup public interest design practice using design and development to end mass incarceration and structural inequity. We have specific expertise in community engagement, evidence based design research, and designing for peacemaking and reparation. We are seeking a freelance licensed architect or designer with 7 to 10 years of experience to provide support on an exciting project in East Oakland. We require someone with mature design, construction document production and detailing skills that has demonstrated proficiency in AutoCAD, Sketch-up and hand-sketching. If you are interested in the role that design plays in social justice and enjoy working both inside and outside modes of traditional practice then you will find our office to be exciting.
Candidates must have:
- A Professional degree in Architecture
- 7 years professional practice
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Sketch up and Adobe Acrobat Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work independently
- Willingness to take direction and work as part of a multi-disciplinary collaborative team
- A strong interest and/or activism in social justice issues is desirable
- Fluent Spanish speaker desirable
Projected hours per week will vary with an average of 16 to 24 hours a week starting now.
How to Apply
Please send a digital portfolio or links to your website following the directions below:
Subject Line: Mature Designer
Attachment: One multi-page PDF not to exceed 3MB.
The PDF should not exceed 3MB and should include:
- Cover letter
- Portfolio with the following examples, for which you have primary authorship:
-Two (2) hand-drawn sketches
-Construction Document Set sample
Any additional and relevant image(s) of your choice
Please, no phone calls, emails or recruiters, all applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S.