Employers: Post a job on the East Bay’s most popular architectural job site.Thirty Day Posting: $30 Chapter Member Firms, $35 AIA Members, $60 for Non Members, $75 Agencies. To post a position to the job board, simply Click Here to post and pay online. AIA East Bay Members: We are happy to assist you with a manual posting and invoicing. Questions? Call 510/464-3600.
We're a mid-sized award winning firm located in Stockton, specializing in commercial & public facility design. We're looking for a skilled and experienced Architectural Designer for long term position.
- Minimum of 1 - 3 years of professional architectural industry experience.
- Must have strong leadership abilities and understand the need to meet and maintain project schedules.
- Must be energetic, well spoken, and have the ability to lead and motive others.
- Must have strong client interaction and relationship building skills. Must have the ability to perform client service presentations and articulate our firm’s past skills and experience.
- Understanding & ability to read and interpret Construction Drawings.
- Proven ability to meet schedules & deadlines.
- Should have Architectural project experience pertaining to the following project types: Medical, Education (Public School), Public Facilities, or Higher Education (College, University).
- Fluent in the following programs: Revit, Sketch Up, AutoCAD, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Acrobat
Preferred but not required Qualifications
- Professional degree in Architecture or closely related field.
- Proficiency in, In Design, Photoshop
Communication and Collaboration
- Listen and communicate effectively and professionally.
- Ask questions about assignments when unclear.
- Demonstrate motivation in seeking new responsibilities and challenges.
- Set goals, prioritize, and plan work activities for self-management and use time efficiently.
- Finish task within agreed-upon hours for the task.
- Participate in office design charettes.
- Participate in the development of design and construction documents.
- Support design team and ensure that the design intent is followed through all phases.
- Demonstrate proficiency in applications and multimedia software.
- Understand the organization of the contract documents.
- Assist in organization and generation of working drawings.
Salary / Compensation:
Our firm provides a competitive base salary package plus holiday, vacation, medical, and dental benefits; plus 401(k) and retirement. Salary will be based on overall candidate qualifications and experience level. Open to negotiation.