Construction Administrator | Oakland High Density (Req. ID 11158)
Employers: Post a job on the East Bay’s most popular architectural job site.Thirty Day Posting: $30 Chapter Member Firms, $35 AIA Members, $60 for Non Members, $75 Agencies. To post a position to the job board, simply Click Here to post and pay online. AIA East Bay Members: We are happy to assist you with a manual posting and invoicing. Questions? Call 510/464-3600.
Celebrating 25 years in 2016, KTGY Architecture + Planning is an international award-winning full-service architecture and planning firm delivering innovation, artistry, and attention to detail across multiple offices and studios, ensuring that clients and communities get the best the firm has to offer in a variety of building types and locations. KTGY’s architects and planners combine big picture opportunities, leading-edge sustainable practices and impeccable design standards to help create developments of enduring value. KTGY serves clients worldwide from offices located in Chicago, Denver, Irvine, Los Angeles, Oakland, Pune, and Tysons.
KTGY Architecture + Planning is constantly on the search for world-class talent. If you are interested in doing challenging work alongside some of the finest professionals in the industry, read on…
What We Offer
We are a dynamic mix of architects, planners, dreamers, and doers. Artistic expression and pride of work defines our culture. However, there is more to life than work. From philanthropy to parties and field trips, there is always something going on. We take great pride in being more than a place that just does great work. We also have a great time doing it.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Written and spoken English language proficiency is essential. We are an equal opportunity employer. Only applications completed online will be considered.
POSITION SUMMARY AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Construction Administrator is responsible for all activities related to project construction contract administration, including shop drawings process, field observations, reports, change orders, and pay requests. Other related activities include development and improvement of the Construction Administration process with emphasis on efficiency, quality assurance, and rapid project closeout. The Construction Administrator has rich experience in handling a variety of high volume and complex projects. He/She must exercise effective time management and awareness of impact on the project budget and will conduct work within KTGY standards under general supervision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate the supporting efforts of consultants through the construction process.
- Provide influence and input on construction drawings
- Provide feedback regarding issues for improvements (constructability, material appropriateness, clarity, function, equipment coordination, etc.) to design/production team as well as quality management and specifications teams.
- Maintain current knowledge of the owner-architect agreement and any additional services agreements, and provide professional services in accordance with these documents.
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable codes for project, and resolve issues with inspectors and other authorities having jurisdiction.
- Apply comprehensive knowledge of all types of building systems; such as mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire suppression, storm sewer, sanitary sewer, security and low voltage to construction project.
- Keep meeting minutes if required for OAC.
- Respond to Requests for Information (RFI).
- Issue Architect's Supplemental Instructions (ASI).
- Process shop drawings and submittals.
- Process project change orders.
- Review and certify contractor's application for payment.
- Review material test reports.
- Record changes to the contract documents.
- Provide substantial and final completion services.
- Perform periodic job visits, documenting internal field reports.
- Facilitate communication with and between team members regarding the Construction Administration process.
- Ensure that the project conforms to the contractual agreement the firm has made with the client and in accordance with company quality standards and code requirements.
- Understand the client program requirements, including deliverables.
- Ensure projects conform to standard of care and quality of the industry.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Be a source of KTGY knowledge within the office, the industry, and to clients.
- Achieve successful results for the firm and the client through overall management techniques.
- Continuously strive to improve knowledge by keeping updated on industry trends and competitor practices.
- Display positive attitude about the work to be done, co-workers, clients, management, and firm policies.
- Show initiative by being proactive and taking prompt action to accomplish objectives.
- Participate as an active and contributing member of a team to achieve team goals and work cooperatively with other team members.
- Use creativity and imagination to develop new insights into situations and apply new solutions to problems.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Accurate and detail oriented
- Ability to work on multiple projects and maintain effective communication and quality control
- Intermediate understanding and proficiency using the following software:
- AutoCad and/or REVIT
- Sketch Up
- Adobe Suite
- MS Office
- Minimum of 8 years industry experience
EDUCATION AND KNOWLEDGE
- 4-year Architectural degree and/or combination of required education and experience
In order to be considered for this position, please go to our website http://www.ktgy.com/careers to apply. No phone calls or drop-ins.