Intermediate Architect / Designer
Employers: Post a job on the East Bay’s most popular architectural job site.Thirty Day Posting: $30 Chapter Member Firms, $35 AIA Members, $60 for Non Members, $75 Agencies. To post a position to the job board, simply Click Here to post and pay online. AIA East Bay Members: We are happy to assist you with a manual posting and invoicing. Questions? Call 510/464-3600.
Welcome to Koch Architects! We are an architecture and design firm committed to delivering beautifully designed projects and an exceptional experience to our clients. We focus on modern, and some traditional, residential projects throughout California and the West.
We’re a well established, award winning 5-person firm that works in an open/collaborative environment in west Berkeley. The nature of the office is casual and flexible in feel, but the work is rigorous in quality and detail. Our work is a blend of architecture and interiors - from conceptual design through specifications of finishes, fixtures & furniture.
We are looking for an individual with an eye for design, good technical, and communication skills. Candidates must have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in an architectural office. A minimum of 2 - 3 years of residential experience is desirable. Candidates will assist in the develop of projects from Schematic Design through Construction Administration.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, with a team and directly with the principal in a small (5 person) office environment
- Excellent graphic, rendering and verbal communication skills is a must.
- Ability to assist in developing complete sets of construction documents, including detailing building components and interior casework and finishes.
- Provide coordination with consultants & contractors
- Construction Administration / experience on job sites is a plus
- Working knowledge of CBC California Building Code & oversee permitting process
- A thorough knowledge of AutoCAD 2010-13, 3D modeling (Sketchup), Revit experience is a strong plus.
- Candidates should have a working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Reliable transportation for driving to/from project sites
Applicants must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited US architecture school, and be available in the next 2-3 weeks.
Compensation includes a base salary and full benefits package.
Please email a single PDF file with a cover letter, resume, and portfolio demonstrating design skills and construction drawings to email@example.com, Max. size of 7MG. No phone calls please. We will respond directly to all inquiries.