Intermediate Architectural Designer
Employers: Post a job on the East Bay’s most popular architectural job site.Thirty Day Posting: $30 Chapter Member Firms, $35 AIA Members, $60 for Non Members, $75 Agencies. To post a position to the job board, simply Click Here to post and pay online. AIA East Bay Members: We are happy to assist you with a manual posting and invoicing. Questions? Call 510/464-3600.
Framestudio is on the hunt for a sharp, fresh thinking Architectural Designer to join our downtown Oakland studio. Our office is small by design, which gives our team the unique opportunity to participate in all phases of our projects.
- Participate as a team player within the firm. We believe that our firm’s strength comes from the sum of all of our talents, and encourage dialogue from all players when solving design problems.
- Produce schematic presentations that convey our ideas to the client in an engaging and compelling manner. Success is not only based on the quality of our designs, but also our ability to clearly convey our ideas and sell them to our clients.
- Create comprehensive, thorough sets of working drawings that are faithful to our design, and that ultimately delivers a project that is worthy of the imagery we presented to the client. Attention to the smallest detail is a key to the quality of our work.
- Participate in client meetings, jobsite walks, correspond with clients, and manage expectations all around.
- Assist in firm marketing, photoshoots, and events.
- BA in Architecture, BArch or MArch Degree.
- 3-7 years of residential design and drafting experience.
- Proficiency in MacOS, AutoCAD, Sketchup and Adobe CC. Vectorworks is an added plus.
- Familiar with local building codes, construction details, and experience preparing planning and permit sets for submission to local municipalities.
- Comfortable interacting with high net worth individuals.
- High level of organization, attention to detail, and a willingness to learn.
- Ability to multitask on multiple projects, prioritize and manage tasks against deadlines and other metrics.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and are willing to travel to projects out of the immediate area.
- Speak fluent English and able to legally work within the United States
Why Work for Us?
For nearly a decade, Framestudio's focus has been to create carefully conceived, simple, unpretentious spaces that are informed by ways of living outside of our countries borders. Our work has received numerous accolades from local and national publications. We recently completed the refurbishment of a Joseph Esherick home in The Sea Ranch, as well as the Peninsula Optical flagship retail store in Palo Alto. Our workload consists of 70% refurbishments of 20th century homes, 20% new construction and 10% retail and office work.
Our office is a flexible, casual, fun work environment. We value humor, passion for good design, and exposure to good design throughout the world. We value life outside of work, and manage our workload to avoid working late evenings and weekends. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, we offer:
- High levels of collaboration and participation on all levels of the projects.
- The opportunity to growth within the firm.
- Vibrant downtown Oakland office location one block from 12th Street BART
- Flexible hours. We work an extra half hour per day, allowing half days every other Friday.
- Referral bonus.
Please submit your resume and examples of your work in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please share with us an example of a project by an architecture firm you admire, along with why you find it relevant and compelling.