Intermediate Designer / Architect
Employers: Post a job on the East Bay’s most popular architectural job site.Thirty Day Posting: $30 Chapter Member Firms, $35 AIA Members, $60 for Non Members, $75 Agencies. To post a position to the job board, simply Click Here to post and pay online. AIA East Bay Members: We are happy to assist you with a manual posting and invoicing. Questions? Call 510/464-3600.
Welcome to Koch Architects! We are a full-service architecture & Interiors firm committed to delivering beautifully designed projects and an exceptional experience to our clients. We focus on modern, and some traditional, residential projects throughout California and the West.
We’re a well-established, award winning east-bay firm. Our office is casual and flexible, yet the work is rigorous in quality and detail. We have a strong interest and commitment to incorporating sustainable design solutions into each of our projects.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about design, someone who can focus on the small details while keeping an eye on the big picture. Candidates must have a minimum of 2-5 years of experience in an architectural office. A minimum of 1-2 years of residential experience is desirable. Candidates assist in developing projects from Schematic Design through Construction Administration.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, with a team, and directly with the principal in a 5 person office environment
- Excellent graphic, rendering and verbal communication skills is a must.
- Ability to assist in developing complete sets of construction documents, including detailing building components.
- Provide coordination with consultants & contractors
- Construction Administration - experience on job sites is a plus
- Working knowledge of CBC (California Building Code)
- A thorough knowledge of AutoCAD, 3D modeling (Sketchup).
- Candidates should have a working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Reliable transportation for driving to/from project sites
Applicants must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited US architecture school.
Compensation includes a base salary and full benefits package.
Please email a single .pdf file with a cover letter, resume, and portfolio demonstrating design skills and construction drawings to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Intermediate Architect Position” in the subject heading, Max. size of 7MG. We will respond to qualified candidates via e-mail, no phone calls please.