Employers: Post a job on the East Bay’s most popular architectural job site.Thirty Day Posting: $30 Chapter Member Firms, $35 AIA Members, $60 for Non Members, $75 Agencies. To post a position to the job board, simply Click Here to post and pay online. AIA East Bay Members: We are happy to assist you with a manual posting and invoicing. Questions? Call 510/464-3600.
Lowney Architecture is a vibrant 30-person design-oriented architecture firm in downtown Oakland. We work on a variety of projects [masterplanning, buildings and interiors], with a focus on retail, multi-family residential, mixed-use and other lifestyle projects of various scales. We strive to create beautiful spaces that advance the quality of their communities and the lives of the people who use them with an environmentally sensitive approach. Our office culture is one of casual professionalism. We work hard and we push each other, and we never forget to have fun. We want you to enjoy working here.
We are seeking a highly qualified Intermediate to senior level designer with a minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience, in-depth knowledge of all phases of design and construction, and a diverse portfolio of highly resolved built work. The position is full-time, compensation based on experience and skill-set.
- Hold a Bachelors degree in Architecture - Masters degree preferred
- 5+ years of post-academic, professional design experience, at least 2 years of which was spent designing multi-family
- Be able to quickly and efficiently produce working/study models and presentation quality renderings using Sketchup (with rendering plug-ins)
- Proficiency in Revit as applied in a post-academic environment – expertise a plus
- Extensive knowledge of architectural design, detailing, building materials and methods, building codes, and comprehensive understanding of the entitlement process
- Applicants must excel in working collaboratively and effectively with the ability to lead fast-paced projects through all phases of project delivery, while fostering team spirit and an atmosphere of teaching and learning
- Strong communication skills [with Principals, peers, specialists and clients]
Email application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.