Employers: Post a job on the East Bay’s most popular architectural job site.Thirty Day Posting: $30 Chapter Member Firms, $35 AIA Members, $60 for Non Members, $75 Agencies. To post a position to the job board, simply Click Here to post and pay online. AIA East Bay Members: We are happy to assist you with a manual posting and invoicing. Questions? Call 510/464-3600.
We have an opening for a Full Time Job Captain for our Architecture Department in our Pleasanton office. We are seeking a Job Captain who has education (K12), commercial, and healthcare design experience. The ideal candidate will have experience in architectural design and technical supervision and project management under the direction of a Project Architect (PA) or Project Manager (PM). In this position you will be involved from the beginning of the project design through construction support assistance.
Typical tasks include:
- Provides coordination of design development and construction documents on multiple projects as needed
- Performs design coordination and detailing
- Coordinates with the project team including architects, drafters, and engineers
- Supervises the technical work of production staff and reviews their drawings
- Understanding of project design budgets and schedules
- Assist the PA/PM in keeping the team organized by planning and directing various phases of the project
- Occasional field work for verification of as-built conditions and construction administration support
- Occasionally assists sales staff with design timeframe estimates, scoping, and proposal support for new projects
The successful candidate will have experience with and/or understanding of the following:
- Experience in architectural design and technical supervision and project management under the direction of a Project Architect (PA) or Project Manager (PM)
- Experience in educational, commercial, or healthcare projects
- AutoCAD, Revit, Sketch up
- Complete work on time, within budget, with a high degree of client satisfaction
- Strong team commitment
- Ability to prioritize work with little supervision
- Mature judgment, tact, diplomacy, and firm grasp of the technical aspects of design projects
Please respond with your resume and one page cover letter here:
In the cover letter please explain why you believe you would benefit from this position and why you would be a good fit at ATI.
ATI Architects and Engineers is a full service Architecture and Engineering firm with over 25 years’ experience. We specialize in Educational, Commercial, Industrial, and Institutional design, paired with top-notch project management solutions. Our corporate office is located in the San Francisco Bay Area, with additional offices in Sacramento and Orange County. We are enjoying a strong year and we are excited to grow our team and portfolio of projects.