Employers: Post a job on the East Bay’s most popular architectural job site.Thirty Day Posting: $30 Chapter Member Firms, $35 AIA Members, $60 for Non Members, $75 Agencies. To post a position to the job board, simply Click Here to post and pay online. AIA East Bay Members: We are happy to assist you with a manual posting and invoicing. Questions? Call 510/464-3600.
Shah Kawasaki Architects (SKA) has achieved healthy and steady growth as a result of the talent, commitment, intelligence, integrity, and solid professional skills of its staff. Today, with 15 people, SKA is one of the East Bay’s leading design firms with an excellent reputation for projects that are integral to our communities — from fire stations, public health, visitor and community centers to higher education, and other civic buildings.
- 0 to 5 years of architectural office experience
- Sound design skills
- Proficient in digital technology (Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch up, 3D visualization) and management tools (MS Office, Google Apps)
- Cooperative attitude.
- Desire to see a project through from initial conception through construction administration.
- Seeking regular full time employment and ongoing growth within the firm. This position is not suitable for an internship or someone with a short-term visa.
- Proficient in Revit
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with sustainable design (and LEED-accredited projects)
Our employees thrive in a collaborative environment and enjoy working together. We are located in Oakland’s City Center adjacent to the 12th Street BART station. We offer health insurance, 401(K), profit sharing, and paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays. As a small/medium office, we are active participants in assuring that staff members receive sound professional experience leading to licensure.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and portfolio in PDF format by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For immediate consideration please reference Junior Architect/Designer position in the e-mail subject line.