Employers: Post a job on the East Bay’s most popular architectural job site.Thirty Day Posting: $30 Chapter Member Firms, $35 AIA Members, $60 for Non Members, $75 Agencies. To post a position to the job board, simply Click Here to post and pay online. AIA East Bay Members: We are happy to assist you with a manual posting and invoicing. Questions? Call 510/464-3600.
MWA Architects is an award-winning architectural and interior design firm with local offices in San Francisco and Oakland, CA and Portland, OR. Since the firm’s founding in 1988 as a local minority-owned business, MWA has gained a national reputation for integrating urban design and community participation into housing, infrastructure, interior design and neighborhood revitalization projects. MWA is committed to work that preserves and supports healthy, thriving and diverse communities.
MWA is seeking a talented and collaborative designer with 2-5 years of experience and an interest in exploring various project types and scales to join our housing team and infrastructure teams. This position will provide valuable design, graphic and technical support for our housing and infrastructure projects. This is a full-time position based in our San Francisco office.
- Design collaboration with project team
- Graphics for presentations and proposals
- CAD modeling and drafting – conceptual through construction documentation
- Architectural programming assistance
- Materials and methods research
- Professional degree in Architecture from an accredited university
- 2-5 years professional experience
- Experience assisting with construction documents
- Strong design skills
- Strong organizational, time management and communication skills
- Must be willing to work collaboratively with project team
- Revit, SketchUp and Adobe Suite experience required
- AutoCAD experience preferred
- Experience with wood-framed construction and multi-family housing a plus
- Experience working on publicly-funded civic, industrial, transportation or public infrastructure projects a plus
- Green building (LEED, CGBP) accreditation preferred
- MWA offers a competitive benefits package.
- Salary and ownership potential commensurate with experience.
Please send a PDF of your cover letter, resume and portfolio sample to the email address: email@example.com Indicate "Junior Designer” as subject of email.
MWA Architects is an equal opportunity employer.
*No phone calls please.
*Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.