Junior Interior Designer (San Francisco, California)
Employers: Post a job on the East Bay’s most popular architectural job site.Thirty Day Posting: $30 Chapter Member Firms, $35 AIA Members, $60 for Non Members, $75 Agencies. To post a position to the job board, simply Click Here to post and pay online. AIA East Bay Members: We are happy to assist you with a manual posting and invoicing. Questions? Call 510/464-3600.
Be a part of a dynamic team, in a creative downtown San Francisco office, and the opportunity to make a difference in peoples’ lives through beautiful healthcare design. Boulder Associates is a leader in design for healthcare and senior living, providing sustainable architecture, interior design and graphic services from thriving offices in Boulder, Sacramento, Irvine, San Francisco and Dallas.
We seek a talented and passionate junior interior designer to join our San Francisco team. This person will work in close collaboration with architects, interior designers, contractors and clients to design and document a variety of healthcare project types in all phases from programming through construction administration.
Top candidates will be looking for an energetic office environment with long-term career potential and will be self-motivated and eager to learn quickly and progress in their careers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Works with design team on multiple projects with an eye toward excellent client satisfaction
• Develop design direction to determine project requirements for scope, schedule, budget, specifications, materials, etc.
• Coordinate design work with internal team, consultants, clients and key personnel involved in projects to ensure project success
• Develop project documentation in Revit
• Perform construction administration duties
• Works with design team to Prepare and present interior finish schemes to internal team members and clients
Required Experience / Attributes:
• Professional degree in interior design or interior architecture
• 0-2 years professional experience in interior design
• Portfolio of work that demonstrates excellence in design thinking
• Proficient in Revit
• Skilled in SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite
• Able to work effectively on multiple interior design projects at one time
• Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to effectively communicate issues and concerns to stakeholders, vendors and project team members
• Self-motivated and able to problem-solve independently
• Healthcare project experience
• LEED accreditation
• Experience in concepts of wayfinding
• Experience with evidence-based design methodologies
• Understanding of programming and space planning practices
How to apply:
Complete online application and submit your cover letter, resume and portfolio here: http://www.boulderassociates.com/firm/careers/
Thank you for your interest in our firm!