Manager, Stations and Facilities Planning – West
Employers: Post a job on the East Bay’s most popular architectural job site.Thirty Day Posting: $30 Chapter Member Firms, $35 AIA Members, $60 for Non Members, $75 Agencies. To post a position to the job board, simply Click Here to post and pay online. AIA East Bay Members: We are happy to assist you with a manual posting and invoicing. Questions? Call 510/464-3600.
Manager, Stations and Facilities Planning - West: 90208169 - Oakland
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Oversee facility improvement programs for Amtrak owned and leased real property assets that support Amtrak’s station, train crew and maintenance operations in a assigned region. These activities include facility inventory management, facility assessments, program and planning guidance, and development administration to facilitate comprehensive oversight and implementation of processes to ensure the most efficient utilization of real property assets in support of Amtrak Corporate Goals.
• Monitor project management activities of facility development projects in assigned territory including internal (ADA, PIDS, SOGR and other) and external projects
• Maintain inventory of space at each facility, monitor allocation of space to user departments, and identify need for changes
• Manage/monitor facility development assessments
• Review and maintain accurate summary of capital expenditures at each facility
• Participate in facility development project meetings and facilitate participation by all appropriate parties to the agenda
• Work in conjunction with asset lease manager to confirm ownership and/or tenant responsibilities and support development of agreements by the asset lease manager
• Provide guidance and direction for services that support and facilitate the ongoing development, implementation and management of facility planning, design and program management that will govern the system-wide capital and maintenance programs for Amtrak facilities, including ADA compliance and compliance with Amtrak’s signage standards
• Support programs and projects as assigned, including studies and reports required by Congress and station project funded by the TIGER and other programs
• The position will work closely with all Amtrak departments, particularly Engineering, Finance, Government Affairs, Law, Marketing and Sales, and Business Lines to foster on-going communication to ensure system-wide consistency of brand and design standards, policy development, and implementation
• Facilitate coordination, in conjunction with key stakeholders within the corporation, and with external stakeholders, including state and local government officials, municipal planning organizations, host railroads, state and commuter partners. The position will provide guidance on facility design policies and issues, facility development program processes and procedures, provide interpretation of Amtrak standards and guidelines, and advance facility planning, compliance and funding opportunities.
• Serve as a liaison for internal and external stakeholders for facility planning projects, and may serve as project manager for internal projects in the preliminary and design development phases and construction phase as appropriate. Advise localities regarding planning efforts with respect to functional design, operational policies, funding requirements/opportunities and implementation procedures
• Recommend facility development policies, update Station Design Guidelines and Graphic Signage Standards Manuals, develop standard station plans and fit-out details, and be a key contributor to Amtrak guidelines, standards, and specification documents. The position will research and review standards, codes and regulations, Amtrak policies, materials and specification and make recommendations on design and performance standards.
• Working closely with key personnel responsible for facility development program in the Business Lines and corporate support departments, the position will direct the review and evaluation of documents for facility design and improvement projects to assure compliance with Amtrak policies, standards and guidelines. The position will also develop and evaluate RFQs and RFPs for advancing facility planning, regulatory compliance and funding opportunities.
• Provide inputs to development of the systems and databases that track the cost and revenue impacts of existing and proposed facility guidelines and standards
• Responsible for assisting in the preparation and administration of budgets, and managing program resources, including internal and contracted expertise
• Perform special projects as required
• Must have Bachelor's degree in planning, architecture, engineering, public policy, business administration
• Must have professional architectural, engineering, program management and/or planning registration/certification
• Demonstrated ability to work with government agencies and private sector partners
• Must have knowledge of transportation facility design, environmental graphics and signage, construction, national building codes and standards, and relevant federal rules and regulations, including ADA requirements
• Proven management experience and leadership abilities. Ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities and tight deadlines
• Must have experience in preparing policy and guideline manuals; project reports, and design and construction documents
• Advanced skills in CAD, graphic design and presentation applications; experience in enterprise project management applications, including MS Project Professional or Primavera
• Experience in managing program development and analytic support functions
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Knowledge of station operations, support systems and the policies and procedures that support those functions
• Demonstrated experience and superior effectiveness in communication skills including writing, speaking and the clear and compelling presentation of data and analysis
• Has extensive related work experience
• Advanced degree in planning, architecture, engineering, public policy, business administration, or related field
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No
Interested parties should email resume/CV to Rebecca Fetter, Sr. Recruiter, at firstname.lastname@example.org.