Planning Associate | Oakland CPUD (Req. 13389)
Employers: Post a job on the East Bay’s most popular architectural job site.Thirty Day Posting: $30 Chapter Member Firms, $35 AIA Members, $60 for Non Members, $75 Agencies. To post a position to the job board, simply Click Here to post and pay online. AIA East Bay Members: We are happy to assist you with a manual posting and invoicing. Questions? Call 510/464-3600.
Celebrating 25 years in 2016, KTGY Architecture + Planning is an international award-winning full-service architecture and planning firm delivering innovation, artistry, and attention to detail across multiple offices and studios, ensuring that clients and communities get the best the firm has to offer in a variety of building types and locations. KTGY’s architects and planners combine big picture opportunities, leading-edge sustainable practices and impeccable design standards to help create developments of enduring value. KTGY serves clients worldwide from offices located in Chicago, Denver, Irvine, Los Angeles, Oakland, Pune, and Tysons.
KTGY Architecture + Planning is constantly on the search for world-class talent. If you are interested in doing challenging work alongside some of the finest professionals in the industry, read on…
What We Offer
We are a dynamic mix of architects, planners, dreamers, and doers. Artistic expression and pride of work defines our culture. However, there is more to life than work. From philanthropy to parties and field trips, there is always something going on. We take great pride in being more than a place that just does great work. We also have a great time doing it.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Written and spoken English language proficiency is essential. We are an equal opportunity employer. Only applications completed online will be considered.
POSITION SUMMARY AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Assistant Planner primarily supports the project team by participating in various general and project specific tasks. He/She must exercise effective time management and awareness of impact on the project design, schedule, and budget and will conduct work within KTGY standards under the direction of supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with distribution of files, prints, etc.
- Take and tag photographs for the inclusion in the photo library.
- Execute work correctly within required deadlines and budgets.
- Organize and maintain product data and material samples.
- Work positively with project team to meet required deadlines.
- Consistently re-examine work as completed to verify proper execution; yellow out redlines as work progresses.
- Edit and revise drawings.
- May coordinate with sub consultants.
- May occasionally attend client meetings with supervisor and other members of the project team.
- Participate in field visits, project meetings, and team meetings.
- Assist in the production of following graphics:
- 3D models
- Image Boards
- Site plans, master plans, section, and other associated planning exhibits.
- Presentations, booklets, specific plan documents, design guidelines, master plans, and other entitlement documents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ask questions when direction is unclear and/or to increase general understanding.
- Begin participating in AICP certification activities.
- Display positive attitude about the work to be done, co-workers, clients, management, and firm policies.
- Show initiative by being proactive and taking prompt action to accomplish objectives.
- Participate as an active and contributing member of a team to achieve team goals and work cooperatively with other team members.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Accurate and detail oriented
- Ability to research and learn various codes and ordinances
- Good graphical skills and can communicate graphically
- Basic understanding and proficiency using the following software:
- Sketch Up
- Adobe Suite
- MS Office
- Entry level position. No minimum years of experience required.
Education and Knowledge
- 4-year degree in Planning, Urban Design, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, or related field and/or combination of required education and experience
- Knowledge of planning principals related to urban design, affordable housing economic development, land use transportation, etc.
In order to be considered, please go to our website http://www.ktgy.com/careers to apply. No phone calls or drop-ins.