Preservation Project Architect
Employers: Post a job on the East Bay’s most popular architectural job site.Thirty Day Posting: $30 Chapter Member Firms, $35 AIA Members, $60 for Non Members, $75 Agencies. To post a position to the job board, simply Click Here to post and pay online. AIA East Bay Members: We are happy to assist you with a manual posting and invoicing. Questions? Call 510/464-3600.
Siegel & Strain Architects is a vibrant, award-winning, 18-person East Bay firm with a diverse range of projects. We are primarily known for our advancement of sustainable design. Historic preservation has also long been a tenet of our practice. We recognize historic preservation as an important tool to document and record our cultural resources in order to tell the collective history of society, and also as an important sustainable tool that reuses the natural resources embodied in existing buildings.
Our portfolio of work includes evaluation and documentation of historic structures and sites; rehabilitation and adaptive reuse projects; seismic, ADA, and life-safety upgrades. Select projects can be viewed at www.siegelstrain.com.
We typically work in collaborative teams of two to four people and are looking for a self-starting project architect to manage projects and/or work with more senior staff on larger projects, during all phases from design through construction.
- Minimum B.Arch.; Master of Architecture preferred
- Meets the Secretary of Interior’s Professional Qualification Standards for Historic Architecture.
- 5-7 years’ experience in architecture offices
- Strong design skills
- Ability to research and problem solve
- Ability to manage junior staff
- Experience with public bid projects is a plus
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Rhino and Adobe Suite
- Proficiency in rendering programs is a plus
- Strong organizational, writing and interpersonal skills
- LEED accreditation, green design experience is a plus
- Experience working with codes, particularly CHBC
- Experience managing consultants
- Licensed in California
Salary is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Please e-mail cover letter, resume, references and work samples.
Format: pdf format required. No compressed files please.
Address to: email@example.com
Subject line: Preservation Project Architect
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE