Project Architect - 5-10+ Years
Employers: Post a job on the East Bay’s most popular architectural job site.Thirty Day Posting: $30 Chapter Member Firms, $35 AIA Members, $60 for Non Members, $75 Agencies. To post a position to the job board, simply Click Here to post and pay online. AIA East Bay Members: We are happy to assist you with a manual posting and invoicing. Questions? Call 510/464-3600.
Welcome to Koch Architects! www.kocharchitects.com We are a full-service architecture firm committed to delivering beautifully designed projects and an exceptional experience for our clients. We focus on modern, high-end residential projects throughout California and the West.
We’re a well-established, award winning firm that works in an open/collaborative environment that encourages inventive ideas and creative solutions. We have a strong interest and commitment to incorporating sustainable design solutions into each of our projects. The nature of the office is casual and flexible in feel, but the work is rigorous in quality and detail.
We are seeking a project architect to develop projects from Schematic Design through Construction Administration. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 - 10 years of experience in an architectural office. A minimum of 3-5 years of high-end residential experience is desirable.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, with a team and directly with the principal in a small (5 person) office environment
- Excellent graphic, rendering, and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Ability to develop complete sets of construction documents, including detailing building components, interior casework, and finishes.
- Provide coordination with consultants & contractors
- Working knowledge of CBC California Building Code & oversee permitting process
- A thorough knowledge of AutoCAD, 3D modeling (Sketchup)
- Candidates should have a working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Reliable transportation for driving to/from project sites
Applicants must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited US architecture school, and be available in the next 3 - 4 weeks.
We offer a competitive salary with a full benefits package.
Please email a single PDF file with a cover letter, resume, and portfolio demonstrating design skills and construction drawings to email@example.com with “Project Architect” in the subject field. Max. size of 10 MB. No phone calls, please. We will respond directly to all inquiries. Thank you.