Project Architect - 5+ years Residential
Employers: Post a job on the East Bay’s most popular architectural job site.Thirty Day Posting: $30 Chapter Member Firms, $35 AIA Members, $60 for Non Members, $75 Agencies. To post a position to the job board, simply Click Here to post and pay online. AIA East Bay Members: We are happy to assist you with a manual posting and invoicing. Questions? Call 510/464-3600.
Welcome to Koch Architects, we are a full-service architecture and design firm located in West Berkeley. We are committed to delivering beautifully designed projects and an exceptional experience to our clients. Our focus is on modern, residential projects throughout California and the West.
Our office culture is casual and flexible, yet the work is rigorous in quality and detail. Our work blends modern architecture and interiors, taking projects from an initial idea through all stages of architectural design and interiors
With a number of new, compelling projects underway we have an opportunity for candidates to further develop their skill set and gain rich experience leading a small team through all stages of the design and delivery process.
We are seeking candidates who appreciate our clean, modern design aesthetic and possess exceptional technical skills to take the lead in developing full construction document packages and performing construction administration services. A thorough knowledge of AutoCAD and SketchUp is essential. Ideally, candidates will have a minimum of 5 - 7 years of experience in an architectural firm and a minimum of 3 years of compatible residential experience.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, as a team, and directly with the principal
- Excellent graphic, rendering, and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Ability to develop complete sets of construction documents
- Provide coordination with consultants & contractors
- Construction Administration - experience on job sites is important
- Working knowledge of CBC (California Building Code)
- A thorough knowledge of AutoCAD, 3D modeling (Sketchup).
- Candidates should have a working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Reliable transportation for driving to/from project sites
Applicants must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited US architecture school.
Compensation includes a competitive salary and full benefits package.
Please email a single .pdf file with a cover letter, resume, and portfolio demonstrating design skills and construction drawings to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Intermediate Architect Position” in the subject heading, Max. size of 7 Mb. We will respond to qualified candidates via e-mail, no phone calls, please.