Employers: Post a job on the East Bay’s most popular architectural job site.Thirty Day Posting: $30 Chapter Member Firms, $35 AIA Members, $60 for Non Members, $75 Agencies. To post a position to the job board, simply Click Here to post and pay online. AIA East Bay Members: We are happy to assist you with a manual posting and invoicing. Questions? Call 510/464-3600.
- Pyatok Architects is an award-winning, nationally recognized leader in the design of multi-family affordable, senior, market-rate, student, and special needs housing, as well as mixed-use development and master planning. Within the communities where we work, we engage resident participation to ensure we are best serving them and the public good. We succeed because our team has a shared passion for delivering high-quality design to the communities we serve. Our collaborative style of management and culture includes a pedagogical commitment to mentorship, including weekly in-house professional development sessions and annual stipends for continuing education. Our design philosophy and team structures reflect our goal of nurturing “complete” architects. Without the constraints inherent with a studio or department structure, our team members develop their own portfolios of diverse skills and assume ownership of their projects. In addition, this approach dovetails with our expectation that team members actively participate in various aspects of our firm’s operations and management. Our office is conveniently located between 12th and 19th Street BART stations in an increasingly dynamic downtown Oakland. We offer competitive salaries and benefits (medical and dental, holidays, PTO and 401(k) with matching) in addition to a collaborative, healthy, and vibrant work environment.We are seeking a full-time Project Architect with at least 10 years’ experience that includes a minimum of 4 years as Project Architect. The ideal candidate will have substantial experience in multi-family housing, including podium construction types (Type-III and Type-V wood, Type-I and II steel and concrete). Additional desirable experience includes high-rise, urban planning and community-based design.Professional Architecture Degree (Bachelor or Master of Architecture from an accredited program in the US)
- Excellent design skills including presentation, conceptual design, and design development
- Excellent technical skills and thorough understanding of materials and construction detailing and methods
- Demonstrated ability to take projects from programming through construction phase
- Demonstrated project management skills including meeting schedule, budget and quality expectations
- Excellent organizational, record-keeping, and contract management capabilities
- Excellent verbal, written and graphic communications skills with teams, clients, and consultants and in public presentations
- Strong interest in educating and mentoring younger team members
- CA Licensed Architect or significant progress toward achieving licensure
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects
- Fluent in Revit; proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office and Sketch-Up
- Knowledge and application of LEED and Green Point Rating systems
- Knowledge and application of California Building Codes and ADA requirements
To apply, please visit https://pyatok.gethired.com/ and upload your cover letter including salary requirements, resume, relevant work samples, and references (PDF format).
Other combinations of education and experience may be considered. Salary depends upon experience.