Employers: Post a job on the East Bay’s most popular architectural job site.Thirty Day Posting: $30 Chapter Member Firms, $35 AIA Members, $60 for Non Members, $75 Agencies. To post a position to the job board, simply Click Here to post and pay online. AIA East Bay Members: We are happy to assist you with a manual posting and invoicing. Questions? Call 510/464-3600.
MWA Architects is an award-winning architectural and interior design firm with offices in San Francisco, and Oakland, and Portland, OR. Since the firm’s founding in 1988 as a local minority-owned business, MWA has gained a national reputation for improving local communities through inspiring housing, infrastructure, interior design, and neighborhood revitalization projects. We specialize in public infrastructure and utility projects, serving as stewards for important civic resources, where function and form blend to create inspiring design.
MWA is seeking a talented Project Architect with a minimum of 10 years of experience and a desire to grow into a project management position. The ideal candidate will be a pro-active and effective collaborator in complex team environments. The position will require a solid working knowledge of design and construction documentation with a variety of building construction types. Strong interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills are necessary. The position involves both technical and managerial skills.
- Professional degree in Architecture from an accredited university
- Strong Revit/BIM experience required
- Working expertise in construction detailing
- Must be organized and possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Must possess excellent team leadership skills and the ability to collaborate with project staff
- Experience working on publicly-funded civic, industrial, transportation, or public infrastructure projects preferred
- California registration preferred
- Green building (LEED, CGBP) accreditation preferred
- Construction documentation, including specifications
- Permitting – jurisdictional research, applications, and permit tracking
- Construction Administration – site visits, submittal review, RFIs,
- Materials and methods research
- Direct relationships with clients and consultants
- Oversight of design staff
- Assisting PM with QA/QC, development of project schedules and budgets, presentations, and proposals
Compensation: This is a full-time position based in our San Francisco office. MWA offers a competitive benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please send a PDF of your cover letter, resume and portfolio sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate "Project Architect” as subject of email. *No phone calls please.
MWA Architects is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.