Employers: Post a job on the East Bay’s most popular architectural job site.Thirty Day Posting: $30 Chapter Member Firms, $35 AIA Members, $60 for Non Members, $75 Agencies. To post a position to the job board, simply Click Here to post and pay online. AIA East Bay Members: We are happy to assist you with a manual posting and invoicing. Questions? Call 510/464-3600.
TRACHTENBERG ARCHITECTS has an opening for a PROJECT ARCHITECT.
Founded in 1991, Trachtenberg Architects is an award-winning nine person design office with a diverse range of projects and clients consisting of commercial urban infill, very large multi-family, smaller scale institutional and all scales of residential projects. See our website: www.TrachtenbergArch.com.
Though small, we are a very well organized and highly productive office. Our office environment is fast-paced, humane and intellectually rich.
Trachtenberg Architects is seeking an Architect to take a leading role in the development of new projects – from parti sketch through CA. In this position you will be engaged in the entire constellation of activities associated with design and construction and will be managing several different projects at once. Responsibilities and salary are commensurate to one’s abilities and motivation.
We offer rewarding challenges in a humane, professional environment, along with a competitive salary and benefits including health, 401k and profit sharing.
Located on Berkeley’s Fourth Street, we have a wonderful office space with all the latest equipment and resources. We keep reasonable and flexible hours and respect family life.
Candidate shall have the following qualifications and skills:
- 5-7 years of professional architectural experience; and a professional degree in Architecture from an accredited US architecture program. State architectural licensure is desirable but not required.
- Well-rounded professional background that includes creative architectural design and documentation experience at all project phases, technical research and detailing
- Excellent communication, organizational, and leadership skills.
- Self-motivated within a multi-disciplinary team context.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and presentation graphics software (i.e. Sketchup, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat and hand sketching) required. We may soon be transitioning to REVIT so skill/experience in this area is a plus.
- Knowledge and implementation experience of sustainable design practices; LEED Accreditation is desired.
- Familiarity with state and local building codes and accessibility requirements.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude!
How to Apply
Please include “Project Architect” and your name in the email header and forward the following items to: email@example.com
- Cover letter
- Portfolio samples (including academic and professional work)
- Send via email only, PDF format, 10MB max.
- No weblinks, phone calls, recruiter inquiries or drop-ins please.
- We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Trachtenberg Architects is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer and is dedicated to providing employment and promotional opportunities based on individual merit. All qualified applicants are strongly encouraged to apply, and they will receive consideration for employment without bias or regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status as required by applicable law.