Employers: Post a job on the East Bay’s most popular architectural job site.Thirty Day Posting: $30 Chapter Member Firms, $35 AIA Members, $60 for Non Members, $75 Agencies. To post a position to the job board, simply Click Here to post and pay online. AIA East Bay Members: We are happy to assist you with a manual posting and invoicing. Questions? Call 510/464-3600.
SIEGEL & STRAIN ARCHITECTS has an opening for a Project Architect.
Siegel & Strain Architects is a vibrant, award-winning, 20-person East Bay firm with a diverse range of projects. We are a design- and research-oriented practice with a national reputation for advancing sustainable design. We work with innovative sub-consultants and use forward-looking materials and systems. Our portfolio includes civic and educational projects, camps and retreat centers, schools, recreational buildings, custom homes and historic buildings. Our work can be viewed at www.siegelstrain.com. Current projects include:
- A new library;
- A university faculty housing development;
- Visitor facilities in national parks;
- Camp projects in sensitive environments;
- A new recreation center.
We typically work in collaborative teams of two to four people each with specific roles and responsibilities on individual projects. We are looking for a self-starting project architect to manage projects and/or work with more senior staff on larger projects, during all phases from design through construction.
- Minimum B.Arch.; Master of Architecture preferred
- 5-7 years’ experience in architecture offices
- Experience working on historic buildings
- Strong design skills
- Ability to research and problem solve
- Ability to manage junior staff
- Experience with Type V construction — design, detailing, contract documents; building code and permitting
- Experience with public bid projects is a plus
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Rhino and Adobe Suite
- Proficiency in rendering programs is a plus
- Strong organizational, writing and interpersonal skills
- LEED accreditation, green design experience is a plus
- Experience working with codes
- Experience managing consultants
- Licensed in California
Salary is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Please e-mail cover letter, resume, references and work samples.
Format: pdf format required. No compressed files please.
Address to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Project Architect
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE