Project Architect [Honolulu]
Employers: Post a job on the East Bay’s most popular architectural job site.Thirty Day Posting: $30 Chapter Member Firms, $35 AIA Members, $60 for Non Members, $75 Agencies. To post a position to the job board, simply Click Here to post and pay online. AIA East Bay Members: We are happy to assist you with a manual posting and invoicing. Questions? Call 510/464-3600.
Lowney Architects, a vibrant 30-person design-oriented architecture firm in downtown Oakland, CA is seeking a highly qualified project architect for its Honolulu office with in-depth experience with multi-family housing projects [preferably high rise] with a minimum of 7-10 years of relevant professional experience –and an in-depth knowledge of construction and the construction administration process.
We work on a variety of projects focusing on retail, mixed-use, multi-family, and high rise student housing. We create beautiful spaces that improve the quality of life for the people who use them. Our office culture is one of casual professionalism. We work hard and we push each other, and we never forget to have fun. We want you to enjoy working here.
The position is full-time, compensation based on experience and skill. The successful candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The perfect candidate is flexible/mobile in location and will work out of our Oakland office for a few months prior to relocating to Hawaii.
• Hold a professional degree in Architecture - Masters degree preferred
• Licensed architect
• 7-10 years of post-academic, professional design experience [at least 5 years of which is in mixed use residential and/or high-rise projects]
• Exceptional, management, organizational, and both written and oral communication skills
• Proficiency in Revit a must-have – expertise a plus
• Extensive knowledge of architectural design, detailing, building materials and methods, building codes, Applicants must excel in working collaboratively and effectively with the ability to lead fast-paced projects through all phases of project delivery, while fostering team spirit and an atmosphere of teaching and learning
• Highly organized, collaborative and detail oriented
Please email your cover letter to email@example.com, resume and portfolio in pdf form [10MB max file size]. Thank you for your consideration.