Project Associate | Oakland For Sale (Req. ID 18435)
Employers: Post a job on the East Bay’s most popular architectural job site.Thirty Day Posting: $30 Chapter Member Firms, $35 AIA Members, $60 for Non Members, $75 Agencies. To post a position to the job board, simply Click Here to post and pay online. AIA East Bay Members: We are happy to assist you with a manual posting and invoicing. Questions? Call 510/464-3600.
Celebrating 25 years in 2016, KTGY Architecture + Planning is an international award-winning full-service architecture and planning firm delivering innovation, artistry, and attention to detail across multiple offices and studios, ensuring that clients and communities get the best the firm has to offer in a variety of building types and locations. KTGY’s architects and planners combine big picture opportunities, leading-edge sustainable practices and impeccable design standards to help create developments of enduring value. KTGY serves clients worldwide from offices located in Chicago, Denver, Irvine, Los Angeles, Oakland, Pune, and Tysons.
KTGY Architecture + Planning is constantly on the search for world-class talent. If you are interested in doing challenging work alongside some of the finest professionals in the industry, read on…
What We Offer
We are a dynamic mix of architects, planners, dreamers, and doers. Artistic expression and pride of work defines our culture. However, there is more to life than work. From philanthropy to parties and field trips, there is always something going on. We take great pride in being more than a place that just does great work. We also have a great time doing it.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Written and spoken English language proficiency is essential. We are an equal opportunity employer. Only applications completed online will be considered.
The Project Associate primarily supports the project team by participating in various general and project specific tasks. He/She must exercise effective time management and awareness of impact on the project design, schedule, and budget and will conduct work within KTGY standards under the direction of supervisor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with distribution of files, prints, etc.
- Gather materials and colors and prepare color boards and presentation materials.
- Execute work correctly within required deadlines and budgets.
- Organize and maintain product data and material samples.
- Work positively with project team to meet required deadlines.
- Consistently re-examine work as completed to verify proper execution; yellow out redlines as work progresses.
- Edit and revise drawings.
- Participate in and support field observation, measurement and photographic surveys as requested.
- Understand deadlines and deliverables applicable at various phases of project.
- Perform limited coordination between drawings and follow redlined comments through drawing set to assure all areas of the drawing set are correct and coordinated per the redline comment.
- Apply standards and quality control measures.
- May coordinate with sub consultants.
- May occasionally attend client meetings with supervisor and other members of the project team.
- Participate in field visits, project meetings, and team meetings.
- Maintain and check off tasks on a to-do list, and review progress regularly with team leader and project team.
- Participate in the following design phases:
Site Planning/Conceptual Design/Schematic Development
- Assist in creating 3D models.
- Assist in creation and coordination of plans, elevations, sections, etc.
- Assist in creating complete set of CAD/BIM drawings.
- Assist in setup of design drawings.
- Produce design ideas and concepts.
- Assist in executing schematic design drawings.
- Refine and coordinate plans, elevations, sections, etc.
- Format graphics for presentations.
- Assist in refinement and coordination of plans, elevations, sections, etc.
- Assist in creating complete set of CAD/BIM design development following cartoon set or drawing set example.
- Understand required deliverables of this phase.
- Incorporate redline comments from supervisor.
- Assist in continued development of drawings (annotations, references, details, etc.).
- Assist with plan check corrections.
- Assist in coordination with other disciplines.
- Cartoon a set of drawings for a simple project following KTGY standards and sample projects.
- Understand deliverables.
- Gain understanding of code requirements.
- Assist in administrative tasks (logging, filing, distribution, email).
- Assist in preparation of responses to RFI’s & submittals.
- Attend project site visits with supervisor when requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ask questions when direction is unclear and/or to increase general understanding.
- Understand deliverables.
- Learn and understand CSI master format information organization system and how specifications are organized.
- Begin participating in Intern Development Program (IDP) for future licensing activities.
- Display positive attitude about the work to be done, co-workers, clients, management, and firm policies.
- Show initiative by being proactive and taking prompt action to accomplish objectives.
- Participate as an active and contributing member of a team to achieve team goals and work cooperatively with other team members.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Accurate and detail oriented
- Ability to research and learn various codes and ordinances
- Good graphical skills and can communicate graphically
- Basic understanding and proficiency using the following software:
- AutoCad and/or REVIT
- Sketch Up
- Adobe Suite
- MS Office
- Entry level position. No minimum years of experience required.
EDUCATION AND KNOWLEDGE
- 4-year Architectural degree and/or combination of required education and experience
- Basic understanding of building codes, including national and state local codes and/or where they can be located
In order to be considered, please go to our website http://www.ktgy.com/careers to apply. No phone calls or drop-ins.