Project Manager, Design | Oakland For Sale (17771)
Employers: Post a job on the East Bay’s most popular architectural job site.Thirty Day Posting: $30 Chapter Member Firms, $35 AIA Members, $60 for Non Members, $75 Agencies. To post a position to the job board, simply Click Here to post and pay online. AIA East Bay Members: We are happy to assist you with a manual posting and invoicing. Questions? Call 510/464-3600.
Celebrating 25 years in 2016, KTGY Architecture + Planning is an international award-winning full-service architecture and planning firm delivering innovation, artistry, and attention to detail across multiple offices and studios, ensuring that clients and communities get the best the firm has to offer in a variety of building types and locations. KTGYs architects and planners combine big picture opportunities, leading-edge sustainable practices and impeccable design standards to help create developments of enduring value. KTGY serves clients worldwide from offices located in Chicago, Denver, Irvine, Los Angeles, Oakland, Pune, and Tysons.
KTGY Architecture + Planning is constantly on the search for world-class talent. If you are interested in doing challenging work alongside some of the finest professionals in the industry, read on
What We Offer
We are a dynamic mix of architects, planners, dreamers, and doers. Artistic expression and pride of work defines our culture. However, there is more to life than work. From philanthropy to parties and field trips, there is always something going on. We take great pride in being more than a place that just does great work. We also have a great time doing it.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Written and spoken English language proficiency is essential. We are an equal opportunity employer. Only applications completed online will be considered.
The Project Manager, Design is responsible for working directly with the client, governing agencies, tenants (if applicable), all consultants, and other team members to deliver projects on time and within budget. This position manages the balance between design and technical solutions to achieve project budget and schedule expectations. He/She must exercise effective time management and awareness of impact on the project budget and will conduct work within KTGY standards under general supervision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead projects and teams, across multiple projects.
- Ensure that the project conforms to the contractual agreement the firm has made with the client and in accordance with company quality requirements.
- Understand the client program requirements, including deliverables.
- Manage and oversee the processes of projects.
- Establish regular client meetings and attend with appropriate team and consultants as required by contract scope.
- Ensure projects conform to standard of care and quality.
- Review contract drawings and specifications for completeness, accuracy, and coordination. Confirm that corrections and clarifications are made, if required.
- Control project profitability and liability exposure on behalf of KTGY.
- Direct, lead, and mentor staff to ensure professional development.
- Ensure staff is effectively & efficiently utilizing time.
- Determine amount and type of staff to execute the projects.
- Create additional service directives and sign additional services with approval of studio leadership.
- Function as the main point of management contact with the client and city agencies.
- Review project billings and update studio projections regularly.
- Monitor project receivable and assist in the collection of receivables.
- Participate in writing proposals.
- Create and monitor project schedules.
- Ensure that the project conforms to the allocated period of time and within the budget it has been assigned.
- Establish and monitor project budgets along with project progress.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Be a source of KTGY knowledge within the office, the industry, and to clients.
- Achieve successful results for the firm and the client through overall management techniques.
- Continuously strive to improve knowledge by keeping updated on industry trends and competitor practices.
- Display positive attitude about the work to be done, co-workers, clients, management, and firm policies.
- Show initiative by being proactive and taking prompt action to accomplish objectives.
- Participate as an active and contributing member of a team to achieve team goals and work cooperatively with other team members.
- Use creativity and imagination to develop new insights into situations and apply new solutions to problems.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Accurate and detail oriented
- Ability to work on multiple projects and maintain effective communication and quality control
- Strong ability to plan, schedule, direct work of self and others
- Advanced understanding and proficiency using the following software:
- AutoCad and/or REVIT
- Sketch Up
- Adobe Suite
- MS Office
- Minimum of 7 years industry experience
EDUCATION AND KNOWLEDGE
- 4-year Architectural degree and/or combination of required education and experience.
- Licensed Architect (Preferred)
- Advanced understanding of building codes, including national and state local codes
- In depth knowledge of various product types, code requirements, and construction practices and how to apply, detail, and specify them
Please apply at: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=17771