Project Manager w/ 10 yrs.+ Multi-Family Housing Experience
Employers: Post a job on the East Bay’s most popular architectural job site.Thirty Day Posting: $30 Chapter Member Firms, $35 AIA Members, $60 for Non Members, $75 Agencies. To post a position to the job board, simply Click Here to post and pay online. AIA East Bay Members: We are happy to assist you with a manual posting and invoicing. Questions? Call 510/464-3600.
Ignition is a woman-owned architecture firm with offices in San Francisco and Alameda, California. We at Ignition are passionate about creating bold, imaginative solutions that work hard and stand out. We specialize in the design of award-winning projects of all scales in the Bay Area, including affordable and market-rate multi-unit housing projects, single-family homes and commercial projects.
We are looking for a project manager to join our innovative studios in San Francisco’s Dogpatch neighborhood and on Park Street in Alameda.
Potential candidates should have extensive (10+ years) experience in the design of multi-family housing, modern sensibilities, excellent communication skills and solid toolbox of technical know-how. The studio atmosphere at Ignition Architecture is a fun, positive, innovative, collaborative and energetic.
The ideal candidate should be a self-starter, who is eager to work closely with the Principal-in-Charge while managing Junior Staff and coordinating with consultant teams in all aspects of project design, documentation and construction administration for multiple projects.
Specific desired qualifications include:
- Minimum B.Arch. in Architecture, M. Arch preferred 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager in an Architecture office. 10+ years minimum experience working on Type I and Type V multi-family and/or mixed-use projects.
- Affordable and Senior Housing project experience (preferred, but not required)
- Proven ability to develop, coordinate and manage complex project schedules in order to successfully meet deadlines for project deliverables.
- Current knowledge of building codes and housing accessibility guidelines and a proven ability to analyze/incorporate applicable requirements into project designs.
- Strong working knowledge of structural and environmental building systems and an ability to direct and coordinate associated consultant teams.
- Experience researching, assigning and detailing a wide range of exterior building envelope systems and interior finishes.
- Experience in leading and coordinating complex project specifications.
- Willingness to share your sense of humor with the rest of the office (or at the very least...appreciate ours).
- History of successfully managing teams for complex projects utilizing BIM platforms.
- Proficiency in Revit, Autocad, MS Office, MS Project, Bluebeam, Sketch-Up, In Design, Photoshop, Asana, Slack
- LEED Accreditation and/or ‘green building’ design experience (preferred, but not required)
- This is a permanent full-time position. Competitive compensation, benefits and advancement opportunities are dependent upon candidate abilities, experience and gumption. Qualified candidates must have work permit for the US.
How to Apply:
Please forward a cover letter highlighting your qualifications, including a current resume and relevant portfolio samples (5 Mb maximum file size) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please check us out at ignitionarch.com to get a sense of what we are up to!