Project Manager w/ 8+ years exp.
Employers: Post a job on the East Bay’s most popular architectural job site.Thirty Day Posting: $30 Chapter Member Firms, $35 AIA Members, $60 for Non Members, $75 Agencies. To post a position to the job board, simply Click Here to post and pay online. AIA East Bay Members: We are happy to assist you with a manual posting and invoicing. Questions? Call 510/464-3600.
Byrens Kim Design Works is a full service architectural design practice of 10 staff in Oakland, CA [and growing to 15 staff].
We at BKDW are passionate about creating a process that delivers a Triple Bottom Line to all of our projects with the goal to generate built environments we feel proud about. We specialize in the design of award-winning high performance projects of all scales in the Bay Area, including K-12, higher education and civic projects, as well as commercial and healthcare projects.
We are in search of a project manager who shares the vision - a qualified and confident candidate to lead various project developments. We value creative and independent thinkers capable of making professional recommendations, individuals that strives to exceed our clients’ needs through expert advice and value added solutions. A leader and a team player.
- Professional Registration or significant progress in ARE (California License +)
- 8+ years of working experience in project management (Public education/institutional type experience +)
- LEED/CHPS sustainable design experience +
- Knowledge of 3D presentation software +
- Proficiency in Revit, CAD, and Production Related software
- Have a proven ability to manage clients/projects throughout the entire project process
- Have a proven ability to manage staff and foster development
- Understanding of California Building Codes and other regulations
- Great Verbal and Written Communications Skills
- Initiative / Self Motivated
- Desire to Create
an office environment of a small to midsized nimble firm capable to compete for a wide range of projects and full benefits [a competitive salary with matching 401K contributions, industry competitive health care choices including dental, vision and chiropractic, paid vacation/sick time and a flexible work schedule]. Our built work ranges from small scale private projects to large scale public projects that serve the local community, and we strive to be seen as thought leaders in sustainability, we invest in R+D and in competitions. Here is a sample list of projects we currently have on the board and/or have completed recently.
- Urban Farm project dedicated to food justice and community empowerment
- New high school classroom building striving for Net Zero Energy use
- New School Based Community Health Center serving the community
- New State of the Art Clinical Skills Center Physical Therapy for a Higher Education Campus
- New Science Lab Renovation for a High Education Institution
- A Community Center Expansion in Oakland
- A competition for a Children's Museum
How to Apply:
Please forward a cover letter highlighting your qualifications, including a current resume and relevant portfolio samples (5 Mb maximum file size) to email@example.com. Qualified candidates must have work permit for the US.
Please check our work out at byrenskim.com!