Retail Practice Area Leader
Employers: Post a job on the East Bay’s most popular architectural job site.Thirty Day Posting: $30 Chapter Member Firms, $35 AIA Members, $60 for Non Members, $75 Agencies. To post a position to the job board, simply Click Here to post and pay online. AIA East Bay Members: We are happy to assist you with a manual posting and invoicing. Questions? Call 510/464-3600.
RETAIL PRACTICE AREA LEADER
ELS is a nationally recognized design firm, located in Berkeley California, with projects worldwide. Our location in the east bay offers an affordable lifestyle within a culturally rich community while still being a few Bart stops away from downtown San Francisco and Oakland. As a medium-sized firm we offer our staff specialized expertise with broad ranging experiences, for a well-rounded professional development program.
Our projects offer deep experiences in design and architecture across multiple practices, including retail, mixed-use and urban design; performing arts, entertainment and cultural; sports, recreation and aquatics; historic, adaptive re-use and education facilities.
ELS has an exceptional leadership opportunity for a candidate who is passionate about work in the Retail practice area. The best qualified candidate will be passionate about retail design and development, and have significant experience working with commercial tenant and landlord/developer clients. Responsibilities will include development of client relationships, leading design teams with their projects, managing projects and practice area growth and business strategies. The candidate should have a strong background in business development, client relationships, staff mentorship and project management.
· Excellent client relationship and management skills
· Development and direction of large-scale, programmatically complex architectural projects, particularly within the retail development market sector
· Cultivation of retail focused projects, including tenant improvement and core & shell projects
· Active participant within the retail centers development community, including ICSC and ULI
· Experience with hands-on management of practice area leadership and/or a studio environment
· Excellent communicator with strong presentations skills – written, oral and graphic
· Emphasis on organizing and leading groups to work successfully with clients throughout the entire design and construction process
· Excellent staff leadership and mentorship skills
· Minimum bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Urban Design or an affiliated field
· Licensed to practice architecture in the state of California, other states a plus
· Minimum fifteen years architectural experience inclusive of ten years’ experience in a leadership position within the retail market sector
For consideration, please submit resume and portfolio in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our website at: www.elsarch.com