Employers: Post a job on the East Bay’s most popular architectural job site.Thirty Day Posting: $30 Chapter Member Firms, $35 AIA Members, $60 for Non Members, $75 Agencies. To post a position to the job board, simply Click Here to post and pay online. AIA East Bay Members: We are happy to assist you with a manual posting and invoicing. Questions? Call 510/464-3600.
STV currently has an opening in our Oakland, CA office for a Senior Architect in our Transportation and Infrastructure division.
- Key responsibilities will include working with an architectural/engineering team in preparing documents for projects in the transportation, institutional, public and private sector.
- The ideal candidate will perform detailed phases of Architectural design work for projects requiring interface and collaboration with various disciplines and consultants.
- Prepares Architectural plans, and/or supervises their execution.
- Performs analysis of design and construction systems, planning studies, design layouts and construction details.
- Oversees research used in writing specifications, including coordinating with manufacturers.
- Conducts site and construction inspections for information-gathering purposes, preparing interpretive reports.
- Has input into code analysis, material selections, and technical solutions.
- Analyzes design and construction systems, design layouts and construction features, which require researching, compiling and recording information for assigned project work.
- Coordinates with other disciplines.
- Plan, schedule, coordinate, manage and oversee the work of supporting team members.
- Must be able to fulfill essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
- The ideal candidate must have a Professional Degree in Architecture (B. Arch or M. Arch preferred) and 10+ years of experience as a project architect working in numerous market sectors.
- Candidate must be a Registered Licensed Architect with experience in institutional and transportation sector required.
- Proficiency with Revit, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite are required.
- LEED Accreditation desired.
- Excellent design, technical detailing and strong presentation skills, both verbal and visual, are essential.
- The candidate should be a self-starter with a passion for problem solving, an understanding that project success comes through teamwork, and a firm focus on client needs.
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Job Location: Oakland, California, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular