Employers: Post a job on the East Bay’s most popular architectural job site.Thirty Day Posting: $30 Chapter Member Firms, $35 AIA Members, $60 for Non Members, $75 Agencies. To post a position to the job board, simply Click Here to post and pay online. AIA East Bay Members: We are happy to assist you with a manual posting and invoicing. Questions? Call 510/464-3600.
Lowney Architecture is a vibrant 30-person design-oriented architecture firm in downtown Oakland. We work on a variety of projects, with a focus on multi-family residential, mixed-use, and retail. We create beautiful places that advance the quality of life in their communities and with an environmentally aware approach. Our office culture is one of casual professionalism. We work hard and we push each other, but we never forget to have fun in the pursuit of excellence. We want you to enjoy working here.
We are seeking a highly qualified senior designer with in depth experience in multi-family housing projects with a minimum of 7-10 years of relevant professional experience. The ideal candidate has an in depth knowledge of constructability, is confident giving design presentations, is versatile with generating digital 3D design ideas, and has a diverse portfolio of clearly resolved built work. The position is full-time. Compensation is based on experience and skill-set. The successful candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture – Master’s degree preferred
- 7-10 years of post-academic, professional design experience [at least 2 years of which is in mixed use residential and/or high-rise projects]
- Able to quickly and efficiently produce working/study models and presentation quality renderings using SketchUp (with rendering plug-ins)
- Exceptional design, management, organization, and communication skills
- Proficiency in Revit a must have – expertise a plus
- Extensive knowledge of architectural design, detailing, building materials and methods, building codes, and comprehensive understanding of the entitlement process
- Applicants must excel in working collaboratively and effectively with the ability to lead fast-paced projects through all phases of project delivery, while fostering team spirit and an atmosphere of teaching and learning
- Highly organized, collaborative and detail oriented
Please email your cover letter to email@example.com, resume and portfolio in pdf form [10MB max file size]. Thank you for your consideration.