Senior Software Engineer for Cloud Applications
Employers: Post a job on the East Bay’s most popular architectural job site.Thirty Day Posting: $30 Chapter Member Firms, $35 AIA Members, $60 for Non Members, $75 Agencies. To post a position to the job board, simply Click Here to post and pay online. AIA East Bay Members: We are happy to assist you with a manual posting and invoicing. Questions? Call 510/464-3600.
Project Frog is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to lead the development of cloud applications for the Building Information Modeling industry as part of our Product and Innovation team (P&I). This individual will lead the effort to develop core components of Project Frog’s Design Automation Stack, and evolve the system to deeply integrate with Autodesk Software and Services. If you’re a software engineer proficient in working on scalable and secure cloud applications, and enjoy working with a fast-paced, multi-faceted innovation team we would love to hear from you!
- Lead Project Frog’s cloud application development effort, working to create reliable, secure, performant and scalable software for our customers and partners
- Work closely with key stakeholders and partners, including BIM experts, virtual & construction managers, architects and structural engineers to define product requirements and system logic.
- Lead software design by leveraging your cloud expertise through the entire development cycle.
- Define application development standards and best practices.
- Define best tools and procedures for application testing and deployment
- Work with an off-shore software engineering team on front-end integration
- Adhere to an Agile approach for software development to iteratively deliver working software on short release cycles
Specific Skills and Experience Requirements
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent experience
- 4+ years hands-on cloud software development experience with multiple environments, languages & tools including but not limited to
- Proficiency with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other cloud infrastructure technologies (Required)
- Solid understanding of typical web application architecture
- Solid understanding of cloud design patterns and best practices o Circuit breaker, caching, deferred load, queuing, etc.
- Experience with security best practices for a modern cloud service
- Experience with REST API development in a Service Oriented Architecture
- Relational database experience
- Experience with version control system
- Experience working on agile software projects with short release cycles
- Experience working with Autodesk Forge APIs highly desirable
- Familiarity with Python programming languages a plus.
To apply for this position
Please send us a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com, with the job title, Sr. Software Engineer for Cloud Applications noted in the Subject field. Applicants must meet the above-mentioned qualifications, and live in the San Francisco Bay Area, to be considered for this position. Due to the high volume of applications received, we are unable to comment on the status of an individual application. Your application will be reviewed and you will be contacted if you are chosen to move forward in our hiring process.
PROJECT FROG is a venture-backed company headquartered in San Francisco, CA, revolutionizing the building industry by applying technology and process to overcome the inefficiencies inherent to traditional construction. More than just a forward-thinking company, we are a team using each other’s strengths and knowledge as resources to create bright, inspiring and sustainable structures with minimal environmental impact. We are award-winning business professionals, researchers, product designers as well as accomplished entrepreneurs and innovative builders who are looking for bright people to join our team. Our corporate culture is collaborative, fun and results-focused while encouraging open exchanges of new ideas and innovation. For more information, visit www.projectfrog.com.