Urban Design Project Manager
Employers: Post a job on the East Bay’s most popular architectural job site.Thirty Day Posting: $30 Chapter Member Firms, $35 AIA Members, $60 for Non Members, $75 Agencies. To post a position to the job board, simply Click Here to post and pay online. AIA East Bay Members: We are happy to assist you with a manual posting and invoicing. Questions? Call 510/464-3600.
Primary leadership responsibility in managing both the client relationship (in collaboration with Managing Principal and Design Principal) and project success, as measured in client satisfaction, work quality, profitability and fostering team professionalism and collaboration. Manages all phases of project including budgeting, scheduling, planning, design, production and deliverables with authority to direct and monitor all activities. An urban design or urban planning background or experience is a plus for this position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Understands urban design philosophies, concepts, software technology and delivery methods.
- Understands and responds to the technical implications of design decisions.
Promotes firm and project goals of excellence in design, execution, and sustainability.
- Understands all aspects and phases of the urban design, production and deliverable process.
- Is extremely proficient in writing planning documents
- Is articulate and effective as a public speaker
- Has good people skills that enables an environment of collaboration and creative thinking
- Defines, monitors and maintains control of the scope of work and services for the project including project schedule and work plan both to direct the project team and the client team
- Prepares and negotiates client and consultant proposals, fees, schedules, and contracts.
- Primary coordinator of all communication between the client and Perkins + Will, (including Managing Principal and Design Principal) ensuring timely resolution of client concerns and management of business issues including contracts and additional services.
- Responsible for and is dedicated to the complete integration and excellence in design and technical aspects of the project.
- Responsible for the clear and timely communication of information to the project team and to ensure compliance with the project team’s goals.
- Monitors the performance of the project team and approach, to ensure that the Firm’s quality standards and design goals are being met.
- Establishes, maintains and documents regular project related meetings including client, internal team and consultants meetings.
- Initiates, documents, and maintains project set-up, including contract review, project process and filing procedures, work authorizations, assisting accounting in timely distribution of invoices.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding the financial goals established for the project and providing timely and appropriate information to Project Accountant to initiate invoicing.
- Direct contact responsibility with clients and associated consultants, to ensure timely collections and management of delinquent accounts receivables.
- Ensures the orderly and complete preparation, distribution, and retention of all project written records.
- Considers risk management by monitoring client issues and technical issues in a timely manner to minimize liability.
- Responsible for the orderly closeout of projects including contractual requirements.
- Follows through with post contract administration requirements (i.e.: follow-up phone calls to ensure client satisfaction and source additional marketing leads, complete final historical database, etc.).
- Coordinates staffing resources with office Operations Director.
- Assures a positive team work atmosphere and assists in supporting the development and retention of quality staff including training/development/mentoring.
- Experience with business development
- Initiates marketing opportunities, helps strategize teaming for pursuits, leads proposals, and facilitates multi-discipline/office collaboration within firm
- Develops and maintains successful client relationships for repeat business.
EDUCATION + EXPERIENCE
- Professional Degree in Urban Design or Urban Planning or Architecture
- 10+ years
- Advanced knowledge of urban design process, deliverables and materials
- Understands project financial management and contract administration, including project coordination, budgeting, scheduling and contract negotiations
- Basic project management software skills
- Experience working with clients and consultants
- Basic Revit and Rhino knowledge
- Ability to direct, mentor and coordinate work efforts of project team
- Collaborative and professional work ethic
- Strong interpersonal skills, verbal, listening and written including client presentation skills
- LEED AP or within 6 months of hire
- AICP or AIA Licensure
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified and interested candidates, click HERE and click the 'Apply on-line' at bottom of page. Include your resume, salary requirements, and a single PDF of a representative sample of your work (no larger than 4MB). Applications without a portfolio/work sample will not be considered.