Academic Project Architect
Join Ratcliff where we lead by discovering what is important, imagining the future potential and designing for extraordinary outcomes.
We are looking for talented individuals who are creative, inquisitive and open minded, and who possess the motivation to positively transform the built environment. Your attributes include:
Strong design sensibility
Deep intelligence and curiosity
Strong work ethic
Ratcliff possesses a vibrant culture, with a drive for innovation and a commitment to sustainable design. With a legacy in the San Francisco Bay Area since 1906, the firm is a living, evolving practice, dedicated to learning what is important to our clients, our community and our planet.
Ratcliff’s staff of 65+ engages clients who share our values and serve as strategic partners in designing a more sustainable future. Our primary practice areas of Academic, Healthcare and Civic architecture are driven by questions of place and place-making; design and technology innovation; and the deeper purpose of our work and its contribution to society.
The Academic Practice is seeking a technically-oriented Project Architect to work on the planning and design of K-12 and Higher Education facilities in the private and public sectors. The ideal candidate must be well-organized, possess strong communication skills and have strong follow through.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ professional experience in technical production of architectural projects. Experience in DSA oriented project work is desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture.
- Working knowledge of California Building Codes and ADA.
- California license or significant progress toward.
- Works well in a collaborative/integrated environment.
- Strong presentation skills and exceptional graphic abilities using Revit, SketchUp, AutoCAD, Adobe CS, BlueBeam and Microsoft Programs.
- Candidates must have legal working status in the US as Ratcliff will not be sponsoring work visas at this time.
Ratcliff, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is conveniently located in Emeryville, between Berkeley and Oakland, just across the Bay Bridge from San Francisco. We provide a competitive salary and benefits package. To apply, submit resume with cover letter addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls or drop-ins, please. All responses will be held in confidence.