HKIT Architects is an Oakland based design firm which has been serving the Bay Area for over 70 years. We maintain an average of 40 professional staff dedicated to design and client relationships. HKIT has been noted for designing award-winning schools, churches and multi-family, student, and senior housing throughout the Bay Area and California. For more information view our website: www.hkit.com.
We are currently expanding our accounting team and have a vacancy for a talented Accountant who is seeking a position with growth potential and longevity.
The Accountant will be responsible for company wide project management accounting and will work directly with the Controller for maintaining and monitoring financial systems. This generally includes, but is not limited to, working with the Project Managers and senior management to input, update and maintain budgets, contract types within the project accounting system that results in appropriate client invoices and project management financial reports.
In addition you will assist the Controller with financial reporting on a monthly, quarterly and year-end basis and interact with Human Resources.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sets-up project budget in project management accounting system.
- Review contracts, both prime and consultants to insure that they comply with company policy.
- Assist project managers and operations management in analysis and control of project data. Acts as “trouble shooter”.
- Prepare project set-up sheets with revenue projections and staffing requirements, both current and future.
- Reviews time sheets for correctness of time charged to individual projects. Corrects as necessary.
- Review monthly percent completion reports. Enforce the submission of necessary information from project managers, highlight problem projects and assist in budget correction process.
- Prepare monthly accruals of consultants expenses that compare ‘percent complete’ to actual billed, and update and revise on a monthly basis.
- Assist Principals/project managers in preparation and development of project budgets and fee proposals when necessary. Monitors budgets on a monthly basis.
- Prepare a backlog analysis and a monthly status report for management.
- Monitor and maintain financial job files for completeness (contract, sub-consultants, contracts/quotes, budget information etc.)
- Meet monthly at project status review (PSR) meeting with PM’s and Controller to assist in project performance analyses.
- Analyze, reconcile and balance “work-in-progress” (WIP) file, on a quarterly basis.
- Perform special projects as assigned by management.
- Work with Project Managers to collect outstanding receivables.
- Financial Reporting:
- Assist in the preparation of the month-end and quarterly accounting/financial package for the Board of Directors.
- Assist in the review and preparation of the month-end, quarterly and year-end financial statements.
- Develop additional reports as necessary to assist all levels of management in fulfilling their responsibilities.
- Coordinate with outside CPA in preparation of corporate taxes.
- Assist Controller in review and preparation of the HKIT annual budget/spending plan.
- Human Resources
- Coordinate with human resources with regard to employment issues including payroll practices and benefits administration.
Bachelors Degree in Accounting preferred plus a minimum of 7 – 10 years applicable work experience.
This position requires a full understanding of professional accounting practices and procedures. An expert understanding of modular computer project accounting software (e.g. Deltek Vision, Advantage, Axium, Ajera), excellent at Excel, MS Word and databases (preferably MS Access). This position requires the ability to communicate with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside vendors, consultants and clients. It requires superior organizational capabilities, the ability to prioritize and deal with a multitude of varied objectives and duties and the ability to effectively interpret and communicate accounting and financial information to others.
HKIT offers employer paid full medical, dental & vision insurance, and an available HSA and 401k plan. We offer competitive compensation dependent on education and experience.
HKIT is located in a fun and charming community with many shops and restaurant on Ninth and Broadway in Oakland, CA.
Qualified applicants should forward their resume, cover letter and salary expectations to Jobs6939@comcast.net.
No telephone calls please.