Menzi Architecture is a small, award winning practice specializing in designing custom single family residences, additions & remodels and also doing multifamily residential and occasional commercial projects. We work closely and collaboratively on all aspects of the design process with owners, builders, design professionals and city governments from initial conversation to construction completion.
We are seeking a self-motivated individual to work primarily on a local multifamily housing project as well as custom single family projects as the need arises. The position is working directly with the principal / sole proprietor on developing design, producing construction documents and communicating with clients, consultants, contractors & government agencies. It is a good opportunity for professional growth and to develop one’s skill set.
The office is currently in a shared warehouse space and in a separate room in our home with two cats – both are in Oakland, not far from another.
The work hours are somewhat flexible and could be full time or part time, for a minimum of 20 hours per week, but workload has increased and the position could easily become full time for the right person if desired.
Qualifications & Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in architecture.
• Minimum of two years of working experience in an architectural firm. An individual who is on a career path towards a license is a plus.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD and good hand drawing & sketching; Excel, Word. Revit / 3D Rendering is desirable, not required.
- Flexibility to work on multiple projects & assignments simultaneously.
- Creative and good problem solver.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Good work ethic, detail oriented.
- Willingness to possibly assist in setting up firm’s website.
Compensation is based on level of experience and qualifications.
Email letters, resumes and work samples to: email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Thank you