Perkins Eastman is a global architecture and design firm guided by the belief that design can have a positive and lasting impact on people’s lives. With more than 1,000 employees in 17 locations around the world, we collaborate seamlessly across borders, barriers, and disciplines to connect people and ideas. Whether conceiving of new healthcare models, reviving a local landmark as a boutique hotel, or helping communities become more resilient, we are united in a dedication to progressive and inventive design that enhances the human experience. If everything is design, everything we do is HUMAN BY DESIGN.
We are seeking a dedicated, passionate team member with strong individual design and problem solving skills for immediate opportunities as an Architectural Designer. This position requires the candidates to support project team leaders and produce presentations suitable for the Perkins Eastman team and client.
• Reporting to the Project Manager responsible for the individual project, the Architectural Designer I will be responsible for assisting in Master Planning, Site Planning and Building Design utilizing, 3D Modeling.
• Prepare program and schematic proposal, project layouts and develop designs in 3D using Revit or other 3D modeling software for client review/approval.
• Perform design computations, specifications, compiles data, and elementary architectural assignments.
• Assist with preparation of construction drawings and construction detailing for contractors.
• Review building codes to assure that design complies with the minimum legal standards.
• Assist in the constructions administration phase by reviewing shop drawings and creating a master log of the project submittals.
• Prepare finish material sample boards, physical models and graphic presentations for client approval.
• Assist the design team on projects from the Pre-Schematic Phase through Construction Documents.
• Bachelor or Master Degree in Architecture
• Minimum 1 to 5 years of experience required (Healthcare experience a plus, not required)
• Ability to develop, communicate and present design concepts to their team.
• Strong communication skills and excellent graphic presentation skills.
• Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
• Proficiency with Revit, Sketch-Up and Adobe Creative Suite is required. Rhino and other related design software is a plus.
How to Apply:
If you would like to join a dynamic, energized, innovative and collaborative environment, where your ideas will be heard and your skills challenged, please visit our career page and apply with your cover letter, resume and/or portfolio (Adobe PDF preferred). No phone calls please.
Link: Human By Design
Perkins Eastman is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.