Join Ratcliff to discover what is important, imagine the potential and design for extraordinary outcomes.
We are looking for talented individuals that embrace open minded thinking, a disciplined approach to work and motivation to transform the built environment. Your attributes include:
- Critical thinking
- Strong design sense
- Deep intelligence and curiosity
- Flexible mindset
- Strong work ethic
- Patience working with others
Ratcliff possesses a vibrant vision, a drive for innovation and a commitment to sustainable design. With a legacy in the San Francisco Bay Area since 1906, the firm is a living, evolving architecture firm, dedicated to learning what is important to our clients, our community and our planet; and to designing for extraordinary outcomes.
Ratcliff’s staff of 65+ engages clients who share our values and serve as strategic partners in designing sustainable building solutions. Our primary practice areas of academic, healthcare and civic architecture present significant opportunities for architecture that is driven not only by place based questions of purpose, design and technology, but also by intrinsic issues born out of our contribution to society.
The firm is seeking an individual with an entrepreneurial spirit and the capacity to serve as a pioneering technologist in the role of Design Technology Manager. The ideal candidate will possess experience in identifying, qualifying, building consensus for, and implementing enabling technologies and enterprise systems that facilitate the firm’s business processes and strategic objectives. The candidate will possess a mix of business acumen and an understanding of industry trends in support of Ratcliff’s vision and drive for innovation.
- 8 years’ professional experience consistent with the field of design software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture / Engineering, or in Computer Science with 5 or more years’ experience in the field of building design.
- High level of proficiency with Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD in an architectural production environment.
- Experience supporting related design and rendering applications, including AutoCAD A360, 3D Studio Max, Navisworks, Sketchup and similar.
- Familiarity with design collaboration platforms preferred, such as Newforma and Autodesk BIM 360.
- Familiarity with cloud computing, local network architecture and workstation hardware.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a general aptitude and comfort level with providing training and technical support.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, relevant strategic information to management.
- Candidates must have legal working status in the U.S. as Ratcliff will not be sponsoring work visas at this time.
Ratcliff, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is conveniently located in Emeryville, between Berkeley and Oakland, just across the Bay Bridge from San Francisco. We provide a competitive salary and benefits package. To apply, submit resume with cover letter addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls or drop-ins, please. All responses will be held in confidence.