Byrens Kim Design Works is a full service architectural design practice of 10 staff in Oakland, CA [and growing to 15 staff].
We at BKDW are passionate about creating a process that delivers a Triple Bottom Line to all of our projects with the goal to generate built environments we feel proud about. We specialize in the design of award-winning high performance projects of all scales in the Bay Area, including K-12, higher education and civic projects, as well as commercial and healthcare projects.
We are in search of a Desinger who shares the vision - a qualified and confident candidate to support the design and execution of various project developments. We value creative and independent thinkers capable of making professional recommendations, individuals that strives to exceed our clients’ needs through expert advice and value added solutions. A leader and a team player.
- Professional Registration in progress desired
- 0-5 years of working experience (Public education/institutional type experience +)
- LEED/CHPS sustainable design experience +
- Knowledge of 3D presentation software ++
- Proficiency in Revit, CAD, and Production Related software
- Have a proven ability to create design documents in a collaborative environment
- Have a proven ability to present design ideas
- Understanding of California Building Codes and other regulations +
- Great Verbal and Written Communications Skills
- Initiative / Self Motivated
- Desire to Create
an office environment of a small to midsized nimble firm capable to compete for a wide range of projects and full benefits [a competitive salary with matching 401K contributions, industry competitive health care choices including dental, vision and chiropractic, paid vacation/sick time and a flexible work schedule]. Our built work ranges from small scale private projects to large scale public projects that serve the local community, and we strive to be seen as thought leaders in sustainability, we invest in R+D and in competitions. Here is a sample list of projects we currently have on the board and/or have completed recently.
- Urban Farm project dedicated to food justice and community empowerment
- New high school classroom building striving for Net Zero Energy use
- New School Based Community Health Center serving the community
- New State of the Art Clinical Skills Center Physical Therapy for a Higher Education Campus
- New Science Lab Renovation for a High Education Institution
- A Community Center Expansion in Oakland
How to Apply:
Please forward a cover letter highlighting your qualifications, including a current resume and relevant portfolio samples (5 Mb maximum file size) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified candidates must have work permit for the US.
Please check our work out at byrenskim.com!