Patricia Motzkin Architecture is a full-service architecture and design firm located in Berkeley. The firm is committed to delivering beautifully designed projects with an engaged client experience . Our projects are sensitive to site, contextual and climate. We work closely with consultants and city agencies to deliver designs that reflect our clients dreams and our commitment to excellence. We shepherd projects from the initial idea through all stages of design and construction. Our work is rigorous in quality and detail.
We are seeking candidates who are committed to excellence and accuracy, want to further develop the design and exceptional technical skills necessary to develop full construction document packages. Ideally, candidates will have a minimum of 2 - 3 years of compatible residential experience.
Position is for a minimum of 24 hours / week.
- Working with the Principal to prepare 2D and 3D design documents (CAD, hand drawing, SketchUp modeling)
- Collaborating with the Principal on design direction
- Creating, editing, and managing construction drawing sets
- Assisting with project correspondence
- Assisting with office marketing and organizational tasks
- Project management of small projects, from conception through construction administration
- Research materials and systems with a focus on aesthetics and budget
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited architecture or interior design school
- Ability to develop designs and complete sets of construction documents or work under Principal to do so
- Excellent graphic, rendering, and verbal communication skills
- A thorough knowledge of Vectorworks and SketchUp
- A working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Motivated and able to work independently and directly with the Principal
- Some previous work experience, including references who will speak to your abilities
The firm provides competitive compensation and an employee benefits program which includes ARE test reimbursement.
How to Apply / Contact
Please email a single .pdf file with a cover letter, resume, and portfolio demonstrating design skills and construction drawings to email@example.com with Designer/Drafter” in the subject heading. Max. size of 7 Mb. No phone calls or drop-ins, please. We will respond to qualified candidates via e-mail.